2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Steering Shutter/Load Capacity

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

Steering Shutter/Load Capacity
By angry1 on

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just dumped my 01 Pathfinder for a Ford Explorer. Anyone buying this truck should know that it's more a sports car on stilts than an SUV. With a 1,000 pound load (including passengers), it's bottomed out...no shock absorbtion at all. Additionally, I went through 2 sets of tires and 14 service visits to fix a steering wheel shutter that begins at 60 and never goes away. It's still there after 45,000 miles and Nissan can't/won't fix it. RECOMMENDATION - Take it on the highway b4 you buy it! Don't get stuck with one like I had. Other than that, a very quick, fun to drive, reliable truck....but not worth the BS.

Hate the poor weight bearing capacity (Nissan has no tests to run with weight added to assure truck is operating normally and refuses to develop one. They measure the height with nothing in it.) Hate the shuttering steering wheel. 2 sets of tires and 60 plus hours in the shop couldn't fix it.

I will never purchase another Nissan. The words that describe my experience? Absolute neglect. Nissan Corporate does not stand behind it's warrantee and will go to great lengths to avoid accountability for material defects in their products. Don't buy it.