2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: So far - so good.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

So far - so good.
By 2fastdre on

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2001 Pathfinder SE 4WD 2 months ago with about 38,000 miles already on it. And I have to say that it's been a pleasant experience so far over about 2,000 miles. No major problems or issues came up - although I have 2 minor worries that I will have looked at during next service. The sunroof shade rattles a bit when open, and the rear hatch lifting rods just started to skweak while opening or closing. Other than that I am happy with it and looking forward to doing some Colorado camping and towing a ski boat in the summer.

Steering wheel cruise and radio/CD controls, reclining rear seats, power seats, and strong engine.

Nissan, you MUST improve gas milage! I get anywhere from 16 - 18 MPG during the cold months, so it should improve a little in the summer. But still... Watch the fuel efficiency of the next generation 4.0 V6 in 2005 and consider a diesel option in 2006 or 2007! Please!