2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Love my LE

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

LE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Love my LE
By JeffH74 on

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUv new just before the 2002 came out. The engine is som much better than previous years. I had the same CD problems as mentioned in other reviews. I argued with the dealership for over a month and they finally got Nissan to warranty it. That was about 50K miles ago and no problems. Other than tires and one replacement of front brakes I have done nothing to this vehicle. I am still on my original rear brakes at 117K miles. I just got rear ended 2 weeks ago at nearly 40 mph and had no injuries and only minor back pain. The flip side is the bumper pushed the frame and I think it is totaled but I guess that is what it is supposed to do to prevent injuries. Great Car!!!!

The engine is fantastic and it is so easy to maneuver around town. Cargo area is above average and the ride is stiff but allows you to feel the road better.

Fix the gas cap valve and O2 sensor. My check engine light comes on if I don't tighten the cap 8 times or more. Other than that the car is perfect. Sad to not have it anymore.