I wish all my cars were as good
By JozefS on
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)
I had similar issues with it as was repeatedly stated here but have always found a way to get it fixed without spending a lot. Exhaust broke at the flange after just 4 years -- had a new linking pipe welded in for $40. Heat shields around piping rusted off and rattled--ripped them off or clamped tight. Check eng light with inconclusive msgs, O2 or cat conv, after 1 yr engine started knocking and car would hiccup. It was a faulty Mass airflow sensor. I diagnosed it myself with help from a repair manual and an oscilloscope. New one would cost $500, but got a Maxima 3 L for $110, snap in replacement. Need new struts ~$800 - first repair ovr $270(break pds). Rusty side steps/bars are an eye sore.
Favorite Features
A pleasure to drive. It never let me down and always got me to where I needed to go on time and soothed by it's ride. Never replaced a battery, never had an accident, never ran out of fuel. Manual transm -- I hate to give it to other people to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Bose CD changer needs to have a better reset option then taking it out. While doing this I probably loosened the clock connector, so now the clock sporadically stops lighting. Need another power plug in the cargo area. Sun glasses never fit properly in the little cabinet. Use rust-proof metal undern