Great SUV
By kevkelly on
2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
My wife and I did extensive research online for reliability data, value, etc for the best used SUV. We narrowed our choices down to the Pathfinder (orQX4), the Highlander, and the MDX. After driving all of these vehicles, we decided the Pathfinder was by far the best deal. We couldn't be happier. The vehicle drives great and has fantastic acceleration. The navigation system has reliably taken us straight to each requested destination, and the entertainment system keeps my 2 year old happy (he now insists we take this vehicle everywhere). This is the 5th Nissan I've owned, so I know reliability will be outstanding.
Favorite Features
Navigation System - This has turned out to be much more useful, and used much more often than I thought it would be. Entertainment System - Keeps a 2 year old happy for long drives - nuff said! Engine - Great acceleration. No trouble passing or merging.
Suggested Improvements
Back seat is a bit small for tall adults. Gas mileage is typical for an SUV. CD changer located in rear storage area instead of front passenger area or in- dash changer. Vehicle in this class and price should have rear disc brakes - not drums.