Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD driving experienc
By '01 Pathfinder LE

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive. It has a very ergonomic setting for gauges, sound system, and heating/cooling. It is very safe vehicle to be in when driving in all the seasons.

It has a Bose stereo system, need I say more!

For the design intent of this vehicle there is nothing you can change. It would be nice to receive better gas mileage. But with that being said, the consumer should be looking for a less powerful selection.

Solid car
By Bill

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this pathfinder since it was new and have had very few problems. The alarm goes off for no reason fairly regularly and the rear latch isn't great...you really have to slam it to make it latch. Other than that all I've done is changed fluids and brake pads. Overall I would say it's the most reliable car I've ever owned and it performs better than any other SUV I've ever driven. The sound system is excellent as well. I don't love the car, but I would advise anyone to get one.

Great stereo and plenty of power. Excellent reliability.

I get 17 mpg on the highway. Not so great.

Cant believe this is so nice
By AJ

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Even after 7 years of towing a 4500 boat, utility trailer and hauling yard supplies and people around this Pathfinder doesn't seem to skip a beat. The only problem I have had so far is O2 Sensor that needed to be replaced and squeaky belt. Other than that. Just oil, gas, and filters on a regular basis keeps her running nice. Most people who step inside are amazed how quiet and comfortable the Pathfinder is. We have received a lot of compliments on her towing ability as well. This vehicle was so good that my parents bought the 2002 model and they have had the same experience minus the O2 sensor going out. Beautiful running and well rounded SUV. Pretty quick for an SUV too.

Power, center-lock diff, interior appearance, and towing capabilities.

1. Polished wheels from the factory. Not chrome but polished. 2. Link power mirrors to the programmed seat settings. 3. Can alway use more clearance on a 4WD under the axles.

Mine has been great
By MattMPG

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been all over the eastern half of the USA in my Pathfinder and it's been great. I didn't get any check engine lights until 150,000 miles. I'm fixing the problem and keeping the truck until at least 200k. My Pathfinder is 7 years old and has no rattles and the suspension is still feels like a new car. My next car will be a Pathfinder.

The speed. I can beat most cars off the line at stop lights. My wife likes this feature too.

Make them in Japan again like mine was. I like buying a German car from Genmany and a Japanese car from Japan.

Still great after 5 years
By SM

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years of ownership, still pleased. Have only done routine maintenance and changed tires and battery. Only issue being the 5 disc changer no longer working. Use iPod anyway, so non-issue. Performs well. Comfortable ride (well, it is a truck nor a sedan). Plenty of power. Used to drive 30 mile one way trips in Texas summer, now driven in Minnesota below zero winter, dependable either way.

Power seats, video system, power.

Better mileage.