2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Good for family
By dsgtbfdsgb on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The reason I purchased the Pathfinder was that it had the best acceleration of all of the other SUV's I test-drove. Although I enjoy my Pathfinder, I miss the feeling of driving my old sports car. If I had a family, this would be the best thing to have if I was limited to buying an SUV or mini-van.

Fun, Reliable but THIRSTY
By EAC J.D. on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

SE model with 5-speed manual feels like a sports car. The SE has stiffer suspension and very little body roll Be aware that the 6 CD Bose system cannot be changed to aftermarket without replacing all of the speakers too. FUEL ECONOMY is os bad that I am considering trading in for an AWD car. My only quality complaint is the paint on the body plastics. chips from rocks lead to huge areas of flaked paint with just hose washing. If fuel was less expensive, I would love the Pathfinder a lot more.

My Pathfinder
By Boomer on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with my Pathfinder ever since I purchased it! Most of all I am happy with the power, reliability{We have had ours over three years and not one problem} and the way it rides like a car and not a truck. If it was just a little bigger it would be perfect. I would buy another one in a minute, even with a growing family like ours!

It's the 4WD Maxima
By Kayakingmom on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I can't say enough good things about our 2001 Pathfinder. We were skeptical trading in a 1999 4Runner. This pathfinder Wins HANDS DOWN. Safe, nimble handling, much better gas mileage than the Toyota. We Just Love it. Two kids in car seats rinding in the back seat now, Golden Retriever in the way back. Two Kayaks on the roof. The Power and Handling are key. Great Feel for the road. The reliability is BULLETPROOF. My husband is on his 3rd Maxima and he prefers to drive the Pathfinder AKA the "4WD Maxima" Cheap Gas does not affect the power.

finally got a suv we liked
By Pal on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

after reviewing suv's the pathfinder had the stuff we were looking for.

NOT WHAT EXPECTED
By caesar on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought the vehicle and I have had several annoying problems. It has 28,000 miles on it and the steering wheel vibrates. I took it back to Nissan and they balanced the tires but it still vibrates. The transmission always seems to "clunk" into gear just after take off. The tranny also slips first thing after a start up. Once it warms up it seems to be fine. I'm thinking of returning this junker. Also the gas pedal too touchy.

A Great Vehicle
By BIGURQ on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is out second Nissan, first being our trade in, Altima, 140,000 miles and running strong. This SUV is a great vehicle. The engine is very strong and the 4wd system gets us through the snow everytime. It is very solid with a sturdy feel to it. The doors might be a little too heavy, trouble closing first time. If you are mechanically inclined, I advise doing the service's yourself. $$$$ dealerships charge way too much. Plenty of cargo room and the Bose system is fantastic. Great all around SUV.

Love, love, love, my Pathfinder!
By JG-Alabama on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my Pathfinder, I felt on top of the world. It felt like a luxury car, but still gave me the height and capacity of an SUV. I don't use it for any heavyduty work, but I have been so glad to have it when moving furniture, kids, and friends around. It's fun to have friends get in and say, "Wow, this is really nice!" Not to mention, the leather seats are beautiful. I only have 2 complaints: the turn radius is pretty big--it's tought to make u- turns, and the rear door is really heavy! Otherwise, it's perfect.

Puts the "Sport" back in SUV
By spyderman4774 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in a Spyder GS-T in for the Pathfinder in hopes of getting something more practical. The Pathfinder definately is more practical and the performance is outstanding! I don't have OEM tires, but the ones that the Pathy came with grip pretty good in high-speed cornering. Also there isn't too much lean in turns. A great truck for those wanting more than just something to haul with.

Always Nissan
By niasmom2 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've never bought a car unless it was American. I ;ove my pathfinder. It's sporty, handles good, and I bought it at a good price. But most of all it holds it's value...that's important for trades.