Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Solid car
By Bill

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this pathfinder since it was new and have had very few problems. The alarm goes off for no reason fairly regularly and the rear latch isn't great...you really have to slam it to make it latch. Other than that all I've done is changed fluids and brake pads. Overall I would say it's the most reliable car I've ever owned and it performs better than any other SUV I've ever driven. The sound system is excellent as well. I don't love the car, but I would advise anyone to get one.

Great stereo and plenty of power. Excellent reliability.

I get 17 mpg on the highway. Not so great.

Cant believe this is so nice
By AJ

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Even after 7 years of towing a 4500 boat, utility trailer and hauling yard supplies and people around this Pathfinder doesn't seem to skip a beat. The only problem I have had so far is O2 Sensor that needed to be replaced and squeaky belt. Other than that. Just oil, gas, and filters on a regular basis keeps her running nice. Most people who step inside are amazed how quiet and comfortable the Pathfinder is. We have received a lot of compliments on her towing ability as well. This vehicle was so good that my parents bought the 2002 model and they have had the same experience minus the O2 sensor going out. Beautiful running and well rounded SUV. Pretty quick for an SUV too.

Power, center-lock diff, interior appearance, and towing capabilities.

1. Polished wheels from the factory. Not chrome but polished. 2. Link power mirrors to the programmed seat settings. 3. Can alway use more clearance on a 4WD under the axles.

Mine has been great
By MattMPG

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been all over the eastern half of the USA in my Pathfinder and it's been great. I didn't get any check engine lights until 150,000 miles. I'm fixing the problem and keeping the truck until at least 200k. My Pathfinder is 7 years old and has no rattles and the suspension is still feels like a new car. My next car will be a Pathfinder.

The speed. I can beat most cars off the line at stop lights. My wife likes this feature too.

Make them in Japan again like mine was. I like buying a German car from Genmany and a Japanese car from Japan.

Still great after 5 years
By SM

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years of ownership, still pleased. Have only done routine maintenance and changed tires and battery. Only issue being the 5 disc changer no longer working. Use iPod anyway, so non-issue. Performs well. Comfortable ride (well, it is a truck nor a sedan). Plenty of power. Used to drive 30 mile one way trips in Texas summer, now driven in Minnesota below zero winter, dependable either way.

Power seats, video system, power.

Better mileage.

Great SUV
By Doug

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

His name is Walter. I have had him for 5 years and am very happy it. Like with the other reviews, my CD went out at 15k miles (covered), replaced, and went out again at 40k miles. By this time I had an iPod, so I didn't really care. At 70k miles my A/C went out, only cost $400 to replace. Tires lasted 45k miles, so I was happy with that. I was rear ended at 60k miles and the unibody construction kept me very safe. After being repaired, I have not noticed any performance or rattling problems. If I were to buy another SUV, I would definitely buy a Pathfinder. I've been very happy with it.

Horsepower. The 260 hp (manual trans) is fantastic. Love the 4WD also, I can drive w/o problems in 10" of snow. I also like the compact size of the truck. It's plenty roomy inside, but it's not a beast to get in/out and drive around.

CD player an obvious flaw. Get an iPod converter :o)

• SUV