Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Still fantastic reliable SUV
By assem mota

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it 3 years back used, pushing it to the limit, never let me down. Had problem with cd (I sent it for repair for 3 times in 2 years), tires lasted for very long time. I still enjoy it too much. In case of change I will go for the new Path.

Powerful (240 hp), cd, cruise control,

Stronger front pumper, better mileage

What a beast
By DK

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle used after I wrecked my 99 4Runner and I have not regretted the purchase. It now has 107k and I've really only had to replace the rear muffler because of rust (I had to replace other things but I was the cause of the other things I replace). It drives amazing and has plenty of power, well a lot more power then my 4Runner. I love to go offroading and this vehicle has aced everything that I have thrown at it. It rides comfortably on the highway and maintaining a certain speed is easy due to its potent v6 engine. Towing is easy though it's only rated at 3500 lb for the 5 speed manual. I am hoping to keep this vehicle until it dies!!

Car like comfort and interior; Bose audio is freaking sweet; powerful v6, 4 low... everything is awesome about it!

Needs a sub woofer to make the Bose even better. Should have kept it to coil over shocks instead of struts.

Bulletproof
By Evergreen

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car because my buddy has a '99 with 130K miles and his still looks runs and looks like new. Mine has 77K on it now and seems designed and built to last. Only regular maintenance so far. The engine is awesome and puts others to shame with it's smooth power and passing ability. The interior carpet seems to be the only thing that isn't really up to the rugged standards of the rest of the vehicle.

Great exterior looks but I'd never buy a black car again. Interior gets too hot. "Shift on the fly" four wheel drive is great. Love the styled wheels. Awesome stereo with subwoofer. Great headlights/driving lights. "One touch" power windows, both up and down. 250HP, 3.5L V6 engine.

It requires premium fuel or power and mileage suffer. The driver's seat has multiple adjustments but I can't get it comfortable. Visibility is poor as it has dangerous blind spots on drivers side to the rear and also forward at both front pillars. Turning radius could be improved.

Too many issues
By gayrand

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've liked driving this vehicle for the past 5 years, but the issues I've had with it are enough that I wouldn't buy another. I had to replace all six ignition coils. When the first 1 went, I took it to a dealer who wanted a lot of money to replace all 6 - when only 1 was faulty. I took it to an independent repair facility, and got another year out of the vehicle before a 2nd coil needed replacement. Slightly less than a year after that and a 3rd went, at which point I replaced the remainder. Top that off with the failure of the CD player at about 60k & finding that was a "known issue". Next time around I'll be going Honda or Toyota - and that will be soon.

Never again
By Steve

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was my second Pathfinder after having a 1992. Not the same company anymore. Corporate does not stand by their product. Exhaust broke at the flange which is common I'm told after just 4 years! Corporate would not pick up any of the cost and I'm stuck with a $850 service bill. O2 sensors and check end light is a nightmare. Rims do not make a good seal on the tires. Faulty struts on this year model. Bose cd changer broke twice.

Great handling, strong motor,

lack of rear disc brakes, better quality