2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Cheaper than American Crap
By tooltime on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Forget buying an Explorer,Grand Cherokee, Trailblazer, or Envoy unless you want to be in repair shop once a week. This is a rock solid vehicle. Quality is fantastic. Engine has excellent power. 4WD works perfect. Yes, the rear seat is a LITTLE cramped, but not for anyone 6 feet or under. Gas mileage is average for an SUV. The person who mentioned steering wheel shudder at 60 mph, I had it too. However, my dealer fixed it. Speed balance your tires idiot. Not a regular balance, a speed balance. It's different for a 4WD vehicle, make sure they understand it. Excellent vehicle. Highly recommended.

2001
By zues on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car! Needs better excelleration from it.

Steering Shutter/Load Capacity
By angry1 on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just dumped my 01 Pathfinder for a Ford Explorer. Anyone buying this truck should know that it's more a sports car on stilts than an SUV. With a 1,000 pound load (including passengers), it's bottomed out...no shock absorbtion at all. Additionally, I went through 2 sets of tires and 14 service visits to fix a steering wheel shutter that begins at 60 and never goes away. It's still there after 45,000 miles and Nissan can't/won't fix it. RECOMMENDATION - Take it on the highway b4 you buy it! Don't get stuck with one like I had. Other than that, a very quick, fun to drive, reliable truck....but not worth the BS.

One year review
By gvdp on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well,the mileage is approaching 15K. So far this SUV is performing very well. The body is still very tight and completely rattle free. Tires noticeably wear fast. Engine runs fine on a regular gas but a premium gas is highly recommended to take advantage of 240 hp.

Incredible
By timmoody on 03/12/02 21:11 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you want a pathfinder make sure it is post 2001 so you get the awesome engine. I was used to the performance of my maxima and doubted the pathfinder until I drove a 2001, WOW! I would like a nicer interior and better placement of the bose sound speakers, but the performance and handling are too good to complain about. I battled between this and the 4runner for a long time, I made the right decision, this car is flat out sweet!

good
By micmkc64 on 03/12/02 19:37 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with my vehicle

I made the right choice
By Gemi on 03/12/02 11:17 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having never owned A SUV, I did a lot of research. 240 HP, no longer an industry leader but plenty of power. 6 disk in dash Bose with stearing wheel controls!!!! WOW. I keep hearing about how cramped the backsteat is and..OK a little smaller than most but unless you are over 6'5" 250 lb it is fine. 1 touch up and down windows and sun roof:) You can even roll down the windows with the keyless entry:) This car makes me happy.