2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Great SUV
By JAraujo on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV not to big and not to small and it has the power you need, I bought my Pathfinder in june 2001 so far no problem, well just a small noise that it comes from the back of the wheels went I push the break, but I love my Pathfinder is great.

Fantastic Car
By stinger_bee on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a fantastic SUV. As with others, I can't say enough about the new V6. Tons of power and acceleration even at high speeds. The interior is nice but, as with other Nissans I have seen, has been "cheapened" up. The headroom is a little tight. I'm only 6' 0" and my head is touching the roof unless I lay back the seat. Only other complaint is that the side mirrors are not integrated with the memory seeting.

The Absolute Best!
By mscam on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did my "homework" for almost six months before deciding on the "Pathy". It was my first SUV. It was love at first drive - and the love affair continues 19 months later! Handling, style, reliability. Over all "coolness" - it's great! I could not have done such a thorough exploration on the various competitive without Edmunds - and the corresponding sites, comments, and info. Edmunds, in turn. Led me to. You can't go wrong with this car (please don't call it a "truck"). It is the BEST!

Great Value and Great Ride
By kais48 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've still yet to see a 4WD vehicle that surpasses my 2001 LE. The ride is incredibly smooth and carlike, with impressive acceleration. The interior is extremely comfortable and convenient, although the rear seat room is too limited. Gas mileage is rather poor, but what can you expect from an SUV? I have had many people express how impressed they are with my Pathfinder both from a value and luxury standpoint, and I agree - Nissan has made an exceptional vehicle that belongs in the "luxury" category.

one year checkup
By sham payne on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

excellent vehicle

Fun, Reliability and Luxury in One
By Konopasek on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2001 Nissan Pathfinder is a great choice for SUV lovers who demand only the best, but refuse to pay $50,000 for another manufacturer. I've not had any problems with this vehicle whether it be mechanical or cosmetic. The auto 4WD feature performs well in adverse conditions. Although it is a V6, it is a powerful 240-hp V6 that I've used to pull a Ford extended cab pick-up, with a trailer attached and loaded, up a muddy incline. The interior features are very nice in the LE model and as a person who is 6'3" tall, I have virtually no problem with legroom or headroom.

Questionable
By chrisbe on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Nissan SEV6 a year ago. Overall a nice vehicle, but has been in the shop more often for sqeaks & rattles and oil consuption. The power is great! it's about time. On quality, as you know Nissan has been in debt for several years now and they have worked hard on the engineering side to make it a better/less costly vehicle to manufactur. Quality difinatly went down-hill. Did you know that Nissan has the fastest assembly-line in the world! It was in USA Today. The total manufacturing process is less than a day per car/truck. The number of consumer complaints hit an all time high for Nissan, especially on the Extera.

My 4th Nissan and favorite
By Eric_in_VA on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my '95 Pathfinder when I saw the commercials in the Summer of 2000 for the new '01 Pathfinder advertising 240 hp. I couldn't be happier. I've got a lead foot, and the Pathfinder easily accomodates. I can easily hang with the V8 Explorers. The in-dash 6 CD changer is great. I've already got 34,000 miles on my truck and my one and only problem with it is the poor choice of tires from the factory - Bridestones. Already replaced them with Michelins due to poor tread life. I regularly take trips of 800+ miles and drive it daily to work 25 miles each way - comfortable no matter what.

Other than gas milage, a great car
By kgcy on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A very fine mid-sized SUV. The only significant flaw is the poor gas milage which is worse than my big old Dodge 3500 van when loaded down.

The Best SUV Out There
By JS123 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many different SUVs and this is by far the best overall vehicle out there. It is the best combination of on-road and off-road capabilities. The new engine in 2001 is FANTASTIC! It is easy to see why the Maxima engine is consistenly rated one of the best and Nissan did a great job converting it for an SUV. The Pathfinder has a very smooth and quiet ride on the road (even at highway speeds) but you can make one turn and it is equally comfortable on demanding off-road situations.