Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good for family
By dsgtbfdsgb

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The reason I purchased the Pathfinder was that it had the best acceleration of all of the other SUV's I test-drove. Although I enjoy my Pathfinder, I miss the feeling of driving my old sports car. If I had a family, this would be the best thing to have if I was limited to buying an SUV or mini-van.

My favorite feature the interior. I the Leather was tough and easy to take care of.

The back seats were not as comfortable as other SUV's I rode in. I don't find that too disturbing, considering the fact I don't sit there that often. I enjoy driving my Pathfinder too much to let just anyone take the wheel.

Fun, Reliable but THIRSTY
By EAC J.D.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

SE model with 5-speed manual feels like a sports car. The SE has stiffer suspension and very little body roll Be aware that the 6 CD Bose system cannot be changed to aftermarket without replacing all of the speakers too. FUEL ECONOMY is os bad that I am considering trading in for an AWD car. My only quality complaint is the paint on the body plastics. chips from rocks lead to huge areas of flaked paint with just hose washing. If fuel was less expensive, I would love the Pathfinder a lot more.

Power, 5-Speed manual, reliability, styling, handling.

Fuel economy and ability to use 87 octane fuel.

My Pathfinder
By Boomer

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with my Pathfinder ever since I purchased it! Most of all I am happy with the power, reliability{We have had ours over three years and not one problem} and the way it rides like a car and not a truck. If it was just a little bigger it would be perfect. I would buy another one in a minute, even with a growing family like ours!

I really like the power it has. Also, because of the size it's very easy to park. Again, the reliabilty is a biggy especially when you have a baby.

Even though the size can be a plus, with a growing family like ours the space could be a little bigger.

It's the 4WD Maxima
By Kayakingmom

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I can't say enough good things about our 2001 Pathfinder. We were skeptical trading in a 1999 4Runner. This pathfinder Wins HANDS DOWN. Safe, nimble handling, much better gas mileage than the Toyota. We Just Love it. Two kids in car seats rinding in the back seat now, Golden Retriever in the way back. Two Kayaks on the roof. The Power and Handling are key. Great Feel for the road. The reliability is BULLETPROOF. My husband is on his 3rd Maxima and he prefers to drive the Pathfinder AKA the "4WD Maxima" Cheap Gas does not affect the power.

THE ENGINE! Auto 4WD never slips. Handleing highway and off road. Climate Control, 6 disc in dash changer.

Drivers Window is slow in Cold Weather. Would like to see the back seat set back more - to give more leg room for car seats.

finally got a suv we liked
By Pal

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

after reviewing suv's the pathfinder had the stuff we were looking for.

hpower, comfortable interior, good looking car

only draw back is mpg but we can live with it.