2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Dependable, sturdy SUV
By sanjoy on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fun SUV on and off the road.

Another Winner
By pathman on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a dedicated Maxima driver but with kids now, our last purchase required more room. I've had our Pathfinder for over a year now. I'm very impressed with the performance. It negotiates the snowiest hills of NH and the deepest sands of the beach without effort. Yes, it chows a lot more gas than I'd like, but so do all the vehicles in this class... hopefully a gas/electric hybrid SUV is in Nissan's future. Ford is about to release the first SUV hybrid as an Escape model. Speaking of Ford, I must comment on Angr1's review and choice to trade his Pathfinder for an Explorer!? Before I drove Maximas, I drove T-Birds. Good luck with your F.O.R.D (fix or repair daily)!

Another Winner
By Pathman on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Outstanding LE 4WD Pathfinder
By Andrew G on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is an unvbelievable car. I recommend it to all.

stuck in the middle again
By PhilG on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best riding of all mid? size SUV's. Handles fair, plenty of power, and very comfortable seating. Short on luggage capacity, and light on build quality, it is nonetheless the best of a dying breed of 5 passenger (really 4) SUV's. Transmission and window operation are its biggest quirks. The Automatic likes to upshift at inapropriat times and in my estimation is dangerous.

Excellent choice, best vehicle I've had
By BryanDMC on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD has power, a smooth ride, and is extremely fun to drive. The Bose system sounds excellent and I can't stop putting miles on this excellent vehicle. Build quality/workmanship has been great. My only issue is the milage, but that is even great compared to other SUV's. A small price to pay for an excellent vehicle.

A winner
By Lynda on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of fun to drive. Finally.... enough power for the L.A. freeways! This puppy can get out of the way in a hurry! Provides a comfortable ride. A little noisy (wind noise and road noise). Great size- easy to get around in (great turning radius) and can haul a fair amount. Quick and easy to flatten rear passenger seats for more storage area. Great sound system (although the CD player takes a while to kick in).

Great!
By fred55 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a sturdy SUV with great quality.

HAPPY NISSAN OWNER
By BIGAL on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

THE CAR IS A VERY SMOOTH RIDEING 4X4. THEY SHOULD TRY TO IMPROVE THE FUEL MILEAGE. CAR HAS PLENY OF POWER

Will I ever buy American again.......??
By DomesticConvert on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

First time buying a foreign make. Father GM retiree; GM a major account of mine. You would think I would be compelled to purchase under the GM badge or at least remain loyal to the domestics. Plenty of research, discussions and test drives combined with the bitter taste of recent thousand dollar plus visits to GM service centers 'drove' me to explore options. Trailblazer got high marks - nice going GM. Our Pathfinder has been the reward and compensation we had hoped for. A great all-around vehicle. Like your favorite, cozy chair - always familiar and welcoming. Now in the market for another vehicle... HEY BIG THREE!! What do you got to sway me ??