Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Why havent you bought it yet ?
By Nick

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well i just traded in my 1993 Maxima and my 1998 altima for the 2001 pathfinder. I absolutly love the truck. The 4 wheel drive is excellent, the VQ35DE engine delivers the power i was looking for, and the auto tranny is smooth as glass. i had 255 tires on mine when i got it so i was pleased. The ride is supportive and the interior is roomy. Ergonomics is nice and interior parts are not cheap feeling.

auto 4x4, suspension, navigation

REAR DISC BRAKES, standard entertainment package, standard heated mirrors

Great and fun to drive
By Marie

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this SUV, it is great in the snow and looks stylish as well. I have never had one problem since I bought it, the only thing we had to do was replace the tires and get the usual maintenance.

Heated seats and 6 disc Cd changer are the best

Not really any, really a great car.

This is a great car
By thedawk

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I love this car. It is absolutely great for taking on a trip. There seems to be plenty of room for a small family and any gear you want to take with you. I think this is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. We had a 95 pathfinder before this one and this one is 100% better. I pulled a 3500 lb. load with it and it handled it great. I don't have any problems with the rear seat being too small, but we have only one kid back there. This car is the perfect size, large enough to pack a family in and travel but small enough to drive around town easily and park easily.

Comfortable interior, engine power and reliability. I have not had a bit of trouble with this car.

The Bose system is nice but WAY too expensive for what you get. I like the in-dash changer and steering wheel controls but the sound of the system is not even that great. The cd changer has already broke and nissan wants almost 1000 dollars to replace it!

Nice Truck
By xwingftr

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ni 2001 Nissan Pathfinder is truly a great truck. I'm a performance oriented person and this truck does not disapoint. It's fun to drive, handles well, has good brakes, and its acceleration is sweet (240HP). Looking back, I should have opted for the navigation system. its reliability has been solid. I had the radiator replaced after the warranty ran out, otherwise it has been very reliable. I would recommend it as a used car purchase.

Performance, visibility, stereo/cd player, power seats, and leather interior.

It is very thirsty, the rear seat room is poor, I'm 5-8 and drive with the seat all the way back..so if you're much taller, it may be tight. The rear doors could open further, putting our baby in his seat takes a bit of body contorting.

Its been great
By edeb456

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this pathfinder for over a year
now and it has been great. Has been
extremely reliable, not a single
problem. Performance from 3.5 is great,
gas mileage hasnt been that bad about
17-18 mpg mixed driving around town, of
course im not a lead foot. Its an SUV
afterall. Paint has held up well, still
looks like it is new. Overall the seat
fabrics, materials and fit and finish
are well above average when compared to
others. AC is great, especially with hot
Vegas summers. Handles like a car not
like a truck. Does quite well on semi
nasty offroad trails. Is very
comfortable on long highway trips.

reliability, VQ 3.5 engine, smooth, quiet and acceleration is great, BOSE six disc audio system sounds great, cargo space, seat comfort, car like handling, offroad ability

four wheel disc brakes, better gas mileage, good for SUV ,use 87 octane gas not 91 or 89, gotta pay the price for the power I guess, easier fold down of rear seats, easier to change your own oil, some cheap plastic interior pieces, just being nitpicky