2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE
By jgreiver on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car!! The sporty V6 blows away the competition in its class. It has more horsepower than some small V8's that I have seen. The ride is smooth, but handles like an SUV. Driver position is very comfortable, and the LE model is loaded with nice features. Excellent choice!!

Worth every penny
By Freezer on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 02 Pathfinder used. Have had it for a year and not a single issue. 4x4 works great and plenty of getup. However, the brakes squeak on occassion and the rear hatch shocks squeak.

Great mid size SUV
By Dan Castro on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I've ever owned, with plenty of power and quality. 26000 and no problems whatsoever only oil changes. I love to drive this truck however, if you are going to use the back seat a lot it is not as confortable...I highly recommend this SUV.I have been using unlead gas eventhough premium is required and I have noticed no change in perfomance or increase or decrease in my mileage. Premium gas only once/month.

2001 Pathfinder LE 3.5L
By Daniel Oscislawski on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable SUV, but boring after a while.

Love my Pathfinder
By toner on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

So far this vehicle has been a pleasure to own. Only the routine maintenance has been performed so far and I've put 20,000 miles on it. The engine provides plenty of power on tap for any situation, and the car like handling characteristics sometimes makes me forget I'm driving an SUV. My only complaint is that this truck is THIRSTY! My fuel mileage is terrible at about 12 MPG average, and that is compunded by the fact that premium fuel is recommended.

Love my Pathfinder LE
By Brooxsy on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Pathfinder with 46k miles and love it, it is as tight as when it was new; has the Navigation system, but really didn't need want it, but nice to have. It is fun to drive and I can't get it off my wife. Hopefully this summer she will want here Acura TL S- Type back, so I can drive it. My Pathfinder has the entertainment system also and my kids love it.

Easy to live with every day
By TimmyBones on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great power finally! The old engine was so weak! 3.5 is awesome. Handling is great. Reliabillity is excellent.

Incredible!
By CarEnthusiast on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

With 29,100 miles and 2.5 years, my Nissan Pathfinder has been just wonderful. Its handling is outstanding, great power, simply a joy to ride. Has handled "blizzard of 2003" in Washington D.C. with no problems. The only problem I have had was with the CD-changer (had to be replaced)

Dealer decline to honor warranty
By Gilbert on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car showed a paint imperfection like small craters all around the body. I took the car to the dealer to get the dealer paint the car. However it declined to do. The fact is that the car is parked under the roof/garage all the time. The dealer alleged it was caused by environment. The dealer is Motorambar, San Juan Puerto Rico.

Dealer decline to honor warranty
By gilbert on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)