Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

BEST FOR TOWING BOAT :)
By Mr. Hoang

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yeah, that's my main goal for buying this car after reading all review from other cars. I need a car that can drive strong, tow a boat, buy stuff from Home Depot, take my son to school and have him drive the car later, safety also my major worry so I got the car for $4,600 from a local dealer with 145,000 miles on it. I was lucky after find out that the first owner already took care of the car in the best shape with everything check. I took it to my local mechanic and after 10 min, he told me just put on gas, change oil from time to time and i'm all set to go for a long time. The car tow my Boston Whaler 2000 lbs like nothing behind, unbelievable. The mileage is about 15 mpg but I don't drive it often so I'm OK. I don't put on a premium high octane so it drive OK but save some $$$. The CD is no longer work but everything work fine, the leather after 14 years are still OK, much better than my 1998 Nissan Maxima. I feel very safe when driving this car. Overall handling is very nice except the gas millage the big draw back, but you pay for the power. I will keep this car for a long time because I don't see the need for another SUV.

A Homerun
By danimal

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm researching my Pathfinder and had to jump in with my review. Nissan did extremely right by this vehicle and gave every owner what they paid for including this meticulous driver. My pathfinder has been virtually maintenance free on the replacement repairs but I maintain it in OCD style. I rated the MPG a little higher than most because you have to take into consideration the high performance motor powering it and this is why I purchased it. Never has a vehicle satisfied Me, with the exception of our G35, as this one.In a world of MPG crazed, gutless vehicles, I'll take my Pathy and pay for it all day. Do your own research and drive a few as I did and you will agree.

Performance, Timeless Style, Safety and Utilitarian features. Plus it's all you see running around the Mid Eastern and African Continents!

Reintroduce this style Pathfinder back into the Nissan lineup. New style is way to bulky.

01 Pathy's OK, but...
By Stinger_Bee

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2001 Pathfinder LE for quite a while now. I have not had any truly mechanical issues during this time so have to say that it's been pretty good. As with several other reviewers, I've seen the following issues: 1. Engine, transmission, drive shaft sensors have all been replaced 2. The Bose in-dash 6-disc changer (made by Clarion by the way) gave me the Err messages at about 3 years in or 40K. Had to replace it with an after market unit. 3. The interior durability is VERY poor. I've replaced the driver side power seat motor/rails. 4. Today, I'm going to be paying about $700 for some A/C repairs. All in all, it's just been OK. My 1999 Maxima was rock solid but was pre-Goshen..

Rides nicely for a truck based SUV, reasonable space, looks nice.

Improve interior quality (CD player, mechanical parts, more driver side headroom). Improve the quality of the sensors.

Outstanding Vehicle (3.5L LE 2 WD)
By nissan2k1

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago, vehicle garaged, serviced and well maintained by the orig. owner. I gave it 10s across the board, still trying to find flaws with the vehicle, other than the minor scratches that the vehicle was exposed to in an apartment parking lot environment for 6 months. 10's because my expectations of it are tempered by what it is. 135K miles, many newer SUVs won't run with it.

Everything about the vehicle. Engine, automatic transmission, power everything interior, exterior fit and finish.

Nissan needs to fix those sensors or make them cheaper to replace. Bose needs to fix a cd changer that has a plastic part that breaks.

Still great after 5 years
By SM

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years of ownership, still pleased. Have only done routine maintenance and changed tires and battery. Only issue being the 5 disc changer no longer working. Use iPod anyway, so non-issue. Performs well. Comfortable ride (well, it is a truck nor a sedan). Plenty of power. Used to drive 30 mile one way trips in Texas summer, now driven in Minnesota below zero winter, dependable either way.

Power seats, video system, power.

Better mileage.