2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
A Homerun
By danimal on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm researching my Pathfinder and had to jump in with my review. Nissan did extremely right by this vehicle and gave every owner what they paid for including this meticulous driver. My pathfinder has been virtually maintenance free on the replacement repairs but I maintain it in OCD style. I rated the MPG a little higher than most because you have to take into consideration the high performance motor powering it and this is why I purchased it. Never has a vehicle satisfied Me, with the exception of our G35, as this one.In a world of MPG crazed, gutless vehicles, I'll take my Pathy and pay for it all day. Do your own research and drive a few as I did and you will agree.

01 Pathy's OK, but...
By Stinger_Bee on 05/02/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2001 Pathfinder LE for quite a while now. I have not had any truly mechanical issues during this time so have to say that it's been pretty good. As with several other reviewers, I've seen the following issues: 1. Engine, transmission, drive shaft sensors have all been replaced 2. The Bose in-dash 6-disc changer (made by Clarion by the way) gave me the Err messages at about 3 years in or 40K. Had to replace it with an after market unit. 3. The interior durability is VERY poor. I've replaced the driver side power seat motor/rails. 4. Today, I'm going to be paying about $700 for some A/C repairs. All in all, it's just been OK. My 1999 Maxima was rock solid but was pre-Goshen..

Outstanding Vehicle (3.5L LE 2 WD)
By nissan2k1 on 03/08/08 20:45 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago, vehicle garaged, serviced and well maintained by the orig. owner. I gave it 10s across the board, still trying to find flaws with the vehicle, other than the minor scratches that the vehicle was exposed to in an apartment parking lot environment for 6 months. 10's because my expectations of it are tempered by what it is. 135K miles, many newer SUVs won't run with it.

Still great after 5 years
By SM on 06/27/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years of ownership, still pleased. Have only done routine maintenance and changed tires and battery. Only issue being the 5 disc changer no longer working. Use iPod anyway, so non-issue. Performs well. Comfortable ride (well, it is a truck nor a sedan). Plenty of power. Used to drive 30 mile one way trips in Texas summer, now driven in Minnesota below zero winter, dependable either way.

Happy traveler
By NortonGuy on 04/22/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken the Pathfinder as our preferred vehicle on many long-distance trips (500-2500 miles). It is a very comfortable road car. Only once has it been off-road and that was equally impressive. It was a very fast dash on gravel roads in Death Valley. The only flaw is getting in and out of the vehicle requires you to be small and/or agile. Possibly the best car we've owned over 40 years.

You Will Not Be Disapointed
By Myron Massacre on 11/28/06 20:45 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had the vehicle for long but she is a dream. Previous to purchasing the Pathfinder, I had my sights set on a Montero Sport. I then discovered that the Pathfinder had a much more efficient engine. A 3.5 V6 that puts out 240HP and 265 lb-ft of torque.(although the new models have more power and better fuel economy) It's still a very strong engine for it's class. The Gas bill isn't fun but it's a solid, very safe vehicle and I would very much recommend it.

It's been a great vehicle
By Lisa on 09/23/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pathfinder new, and although I am about ready to trade it in, I have loved everything about it from the day I got it. It rides well, it handles well, it still looks great.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Elnur on 03/08/06 00:41 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car across the continent U.S., no problems through rain, snow, Ice or dust. Have had zero problems since owning it. I hope to own this car forever, perhaps an unrealistic goal, but that is my view.

Impressive
By Linda on 06/30/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this vehicle hard. I have 95k mi, and NO notable problems. I consistently get about 18 mpg (L.A.traffic). The only thing that has failed is the face light for the Bose (too expensive to pull out and send out for repair). I absolutely love the engine (powerful and good torque). Good ride quality. Good looks. Very reliable! I have been struggling with whether or not to replace this vehicle (since I'm nearing the 100,000 mi mark). Struggling, because I really have no other reason to trade this vehicle in- it's still running strong and looks good. And yes, my purse falls on the floor, too- and I hate it!...but it has in all my other vehicles.

Good until now
By Jay on 06/02/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder. The 1st, a 1998, was great. The only problems until now was excessive rattles. Same with 1st one. However, I just got a "sevice engine soon" light so I got it checked. The dealer says my catalytic converters are shot and new ones will cost almost 2000.00! It seems to me 4.5 year old and 70k miles with all scheduled service and no unusual driving the car should not have this problem.