Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

mixed feelings
By ondro1977

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This Car looks, handles and feels great and in 2001 it was more powerful than 2001 Toyota 4Runner and more stylish. Engine got boosted to 240HP over very weak 168HP 3.3 liter. With that came a lots of MAF, O2,Crank position sensor failures. Use of premium fuel is more than recommended. Weak transmission and aggressive rust on under-body (save yourself and spray it prematurely if you can). Strut tower failures. Realistic fuel economy is 14city and 20 Hwy.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, good handling, decent interior materials, classic styling,

Suggested Improvements

reliability, excessive underbody rust, transmission, crumped rear seats, fuel economy should be better, faulty clock, engine sensors (MAF, O2, Crank position)

Best suv hands down
By zach7685

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned three pathfinders over the years. we currently have two! I love my 2001 LE its the best SUV for the money! it has 200K and runs top notch! the 2001+ have the bigger 3.5 engine and you can tell a differences. Only thing iv had to replace other than normal maintenance was the MAF sensor. Hint (replace with Maxima its cheaper)

Favorite Features

Leather Reliability 4x4 system

Suggested Improvements

Keyless remote

Excellent Car
By lcplorbinati

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 5 years and since over 102,000 and after owning this one I would buy a Nissan again. No problems up to about 136k but I take responsibility for the major problems that could of been prevented with good preventative maintenance. The car has 141,800+ miles and has been through CA and driven from CA to NM and to few destinations in NM. I trust this vehicle to roll with me anywhere and I will even drive my family around in it. It also survived several big accidents with minimal cost and big damage. One big problem is the stock cd changer, no problem swapping out for aftermarket radio

Favorite Features

I will just say all of them.

Suggested Improvements

None- Black paint with black leather interior was a bad idea though.

This car saved my life
By companda

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car from my parents for graduation. It's lovely. Drives like a dream and I've put this thing in places any other vehicle would have been stuck and it's pushed through and gotten out with no problem at all. About two years ago I got hit at roughly 110mph from behind. Needless to say the car that got shoved under mine was destroyed and the police/EMTs stated that if I were in any other car I would have died on impact. The car still drives like a dream and you can't tell anything bad happened to it. It's the most reliable car I'd ever heard of. My only complaint? The rising gas prices.

Favorite Features

Safety features, bose stereo system, 6-cd changer

Suggested Improvements

MPG

A Homerun
By danimal

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm researching my Pathfinder and had to jump in with my review. Nissan did extremely right by this vehicle and gave every owner what they paid for including this meticulous driver. My pathfinder has been virtually maintenance free on the replacement repairs but I maintain it in OCD style. I rated the MPG a little higher than most because you have to take into consideration the high performance motor powering it and this is why I purchased it. Never has a vehicle satisfied Me, with the exception of our G35, as this one.In a world of MPG crazed, gutless vehicles, I'll take my Pathy and pay for it all day. Do your own research and drive a few as I did and you will agree.

Favorite Features

Performance, Timeless Style, Safety and Utilitarian features. Plus it's all you see running around the Mid Eastern and African Continents!

Suggested Improvements

Reintroduce this style Pathfinder back into the Nissan lineup. New style is way to bulky.