Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Outstanding Vehicle (3.5L LE 2 WD)
By nissan2k1

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago, vehicle garaged, serviced and well maintained by the orig. owner. I gave it 10s across the board, still trying to find flaws with the vehicle, other than the minor scratches that the vehicle was exposed to in an apartment parking lot environment for 6 months. 10's because my expectations of it are tempered by what it is. 135K miles, many newer SUVs won't run with it.

Favorite Features

Everything about the vehicle. Engine, automatic transmission, power everything interior, exterior fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to fix those sensors or make them cheaper to replace. Bose needs to fix a cd changer that has a plastic part that breaks.

A Homerun
By danimal

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm researching my Pathfinder and had to jump in with my review. Nissan did extremely right by this vehicle and gave every owner what they paid for including this meticulous driver. My pathfinder has been virtually maintenance free on the replacement repairs but I maintain it in OCD style. I rated the MPG a little higher than most because you have to take into consideration the high performance motor powering it and this is why I purchased it. Never has a vehicle satisfied Me, with the exception of our G35, as this one.In a world of MPG crazed, gutless vehicles, I'll take my Pathy and pay for it all day. Do your own research and drive a few as I did and you will agree.

Favorite Features

Performance, Timeless Style, Safety and Utilitarian features. Plus it's all you see running around the Mid Eastern and African Continents!

Suggested Improvements

Reintroduce this style Pathfinder back into the Nissan lineup. New style is way to bulky.

01 Pathy's OK, but...
By Stinger_Bee

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2001 Pathfinder LE for quite a while now. I have not had any truly mechanical issues during this time so have to say that it's been pretty good. As with several other reviewers, I've seen the following issues: 1. Engine, transmission, drive shaft sensors have all been replaced 2. The Bose in-dash 6-disc changer (made by Clarion by the way) gave me the Err messages at about 3 years in or 40K. Had to replace it with an after market unit. 3. The interior durability is VERY poor. I've replaced the driver side power seat motor/rails. 4. Today, I'm going to be paying about $700 for some A/C repairs. All in all, it's just been OK. My 1999 Maxima was rock solid but was pre-Goshen..

Favorite Features

Rides nicely for a truck based SUV, reasonable space, looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior quality (CD player, mechanical parts, more driver side headroom). Improve the quality of the sensors.

Happy traveler
By NortonGuy

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken the Pathfinder as our preferred vehicle on many long-distance trips (500-2500 miles). It is a very comfortable road car. Only once has it been off-road and that was equally impressive. It was a very fast dash on gravel roads in Death Valley. The only flaw is getting in and out of the vehicle requires you to be small and/or agile. Possibly the best car we've owned over 40 years.

Favorite Features

Power, smooth ride, good controls.

Still great after 5 years
By SM

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years of ownership, still pleased. Have only done routine maintenance and changed tires and battery. Only issue being the 5 disc changer no longer working. Use iPod anyway, so non-issue. Performs well. Comfortable ride (well, it is a truck nor a sedan). Plenty of power. Used to drive 30 mile one way trips in Texas summer, now driven in Minnesota below zero winter, dependable either way.

Favorite Features

Power seats, video system, power.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage.