Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

BEST FOR TOWING BOAT :)
By Mr. Hoang

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yeah, that's my main goal for buying this car after reading all review from other cars. I need a car that can drive strong, tow a boat, buy stuff from Home Depot, take my son to school and have him drive the car later, safety also my major worry so I got the car for $4,600 from a local dealer with 145,000 miles on it. I was lucky after find out that the first owner already took care of the car in the best shape with everything check. I took it to my local mechanic and after 10 min, he told me just put on gas, change oil from time to time and i'm all set to go for a long time. The car tow my Boston Whaler 2000 lbs like nothing behind, unbelievable. The mileage is about 15 mpg but I don't drive it often so I'm OK. I don't put on a premium high octane so it drive OK but save some $$$. The CD is no longer work but everything work fine, the leather after 14 years are still OK, much better than my 1998 Nissan Maxima. I feel very safe when driving this car. Overall handling is very nice except the gas millage the big draw back, but you pay for the power. I will keep this car for a long time because I don't see the need for another SUV.

great SUV
By dennis

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought the SUV brand New. Had the 30,000 checkup done and that's it. now has about 62,000 miles on it 14 years old. changed all oils on a timely basis. towed a 20 ft bayliner boat for 4 years. Never had an issue with the truck except - replaced 1 o2 sensor, replaced heater fan resistor (both done by myself). had the shocks and struts replaced as well as other basics like tires and brakes. No other issues and still drives like a champ. Offroad capabilities and 4 wheel in snand ice are fantastic. made the trip from Oregon to California (900 Miles) about 5 time round trip. love this truck.

mixed feelings
By ondro1977

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This Car looks, handles and feels great and in 2001 it was more powerful than 2001 Toyota 4Runner and more stylish. Engine got boosted to 240HP over very weak 168HP 3.3 liter. With that came a lots of MAF, O2,Crank position sensor failures. Use of premium fuel is more than recommended. Weak transmission and aggressive rust on under-body (save yourself and spray it prematurely if you can). Strut tower failures. Realistic fuel economy is 14city and 20 Hwy.

Powerful engine, good handling, decent interior materials, classic styling,

reliability, excessive underbody rust, transmission, crumped rear seats, fuel economy should be better, faulty clock, engine sensors (MAF, O2, Crank position)

Best suv hands down
By zach7685

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned three pathfinders over the years. we currently have two! I love my 2001 LE its the best SUV for the money! it has 200K and runs top notch! the 2001+ have the bigger 3.5 engine and you can tell a differences. Only thing iv had to replace other than normal maintenance was the MAF sensor. Hint (replace with Maxima its cheaper)

Leather Reliability 4x4 system

Keyless remote

Excellent Car
By lcplorbinati

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 5 years and since over 102,000 and after owning this one I would buy a Nissan again. No problems up to about 136k but I take responsibility for the major problems that could of been prevented with good preventative maintenance. The car has 141,800+ miles and has been through CA and driven from CA to NM and to few destinations in NM. I trust this vehicle to roll with me anywhere and I will even drive my family around in it. It also survived several big accidents with minimal cost and big damage. One big problem is the stock cd changer, no problem swapping out for aftermarket radio

I will just say all of them.

None- Black paint with black leather interior was a bad idea though.

• SUV