Would buy another in a heartbeat!
By kdells on
2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD
Bought my beloved pathy used in 2010 with 155kmi on it, had it for 3 yrs till it was totaled in an accident. We were rear-ended @ 50 mph & only had some bad whip-lash. It still drove, stopped & shifted fine after the accident so we drove it home.
We brought the mileage up to 203kmi due to frequent trips from upstate NY down to SC & back. Never had ANY problems with it on any of those long trips. It never broke-down on us in 3 years. Only had to do basic maintenance over the years (brakes, oil changes, timing belt etc).
Overall, no big complaints that would stop me from buying another. VERY solid & VERY reliable! Money well spent!!! Nissan got it right!
- Easy to get into & out of
- Auto off headlights
- Amazing handling & braking power
- Good visibility
- Very good towing capability
- Extremely comfortable ride & seats
- Strong 4x4
- Gas mileage, 15 city/19 highway, kind of lame
- Only complaint was needing to get the driver strut tower welded due to rot (google it, theres a recall on certain model years from northeastern states). We repaired it before there was a recall but Nissan USA did refund us our money spent on the repair once the recall was issued. So not THAT big of a deal & Nissan has since addressed that design flaw.
- 3.3L V6 engine while VERY reliable- it does bog down under hard acceleration but again that was fixed in 2001 w/the updated bigger 3.5L engine.
- Maybe fix the EVAP system, we did get the common CEL for the evap canister but it never caused any problems.