Bought my beloved pathy used in 2010 with 155kmi on it, had it for 3 yrs till it was totaled in an accident. We were rear-ended @ 50 mph & only had some bad whip-lash. It still drove, stopped & shifted fine after the accident so we drove it home.
We brought the mileage up to 203kmi due to frequent trips from upstate NY down to SC & back. Never had ANY problems with it on any of those long trips. It never broke-down on us in 3 years. Only had to do basic maintenance over the years (brakes, oil changes, timing belt etc).
Overall, no big complaints that would stop me from buying another. VERY solid & VERY reliable! Money well spent!!! Nissan got it right!
- Easy to get into & out of
- Auto off headlights
- Amazing handling & braking power
- Good visibility
- Very good towing capability
- Extremely comfortable ride & seats
- Strong 4x4
- Gas mileage, 15 city/19 highway, kind of lame
- Only complaint was needing to get the driver strut tower welded due to rot (google it, theres a recall on certain model years from northeastern states). We repaired it before there was a recall but Nissan USA did refund us our money spent on the repair once the recall was issued. So not THAT big of a deal & Nissan has since addressed that design flaw.
- 3.3L V6 engine while VERY reliable- it does bog down under hard acceleration but again that was fixed in 2001 w/the updated bigger 3.5L engine.
- Maybe fix the EVAP system, we did get the common CEL for the evap canister but it never caused any problems.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.