2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 3.3L V6
By aufiero92 on
2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD
I was passed down a 2000 Pathfinder from my dad recently.. He got it new and I received it with 150K and was running fine. Since then, I've put 35K on it and have had no major problems. This car is one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever had. Starts fine in the freezing cold, 4WD works perfect, has never broken down, however, there are a few electrical problems. Most of the console lights don't work, seat heater indicator doesn't work, sunroof only opens by repeatedly clicking the switch, and the 6 CD changer broke and got jammed before I replaced it. Other then those small cosmetic issues, it is a great car and very reliable.
Favorite Features
Leather seats, heated seats, 6 CD changer (when worked), sunroof, plenty of cargo space, large wheel wells, rugged look with nice interior, 4WD, off road capability, rear seats (i have a 6'3'' or 4" friend who comfortably can sit in the back)
Suggested Improvements
Weak engine. nothing really that wasn't caused by time or normal wear and tear outlets don't work, window motors slow, center console lights don't work minus clock and temp, sunroof doesn't open fluidly Other then that, car works fine. Only had to replace one brake light and minor repairs that were usually due to my personal use of the car. I am very rough on the car, had it for almost a year now and have already put 35K+ on it, taken it off-roading and driven through very large puddles (once stalled for a bit but restarted quick), driven/been stuck in 3+ feet of snow, and pretty much anything else you can think of, my Pathfinder has done. It's an amazingly persistent and reliable SUV