Good, solid vehicle
By Kagan on
2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD
Some of the reviewers really amaze me. Do people really feel maintenance items are a reflection of a car's quality? Having to replace tires, brakes, shocks, etc. These are not reliability issues. These are regular maintenance items for ALL vehicles. My PF now has 110K miles. I've had to replace a bad Speed Sensor, and worn suspension bushings. The vehicle starts up without hesitation every day, runs great, and will get me wherever I need to be. I've had many other vehicles that start falling apart at 50K with major mechanical issues. If these cars require some maintenance, its because they run an awfully long time. I'd rather have the burden of maint. than another car junked.
Favorite Features
Overall reliability, and flawless 4WD system. Outstanding drive and handling for a non cross-over, true 4WD truck. Simplicity of design.
Suggested Improvements
Not crazy about the seating and lack of adjustments to steering wheel and/or pedals. But this is apples/oranges, as these features didn't become available on cars until fairly recently. If this car had the comfort features of a newer design, I would drive it forever.