Checking in-passed 100K
By chuckfromli on
2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD
Maybe I am reviewing this thing too often, LOL. Just wanted to check in as it passed 100K a month ago. Haven't had to put any money into it lately, but did put about $2500 into it in 2007-2008. It got new wheel bearings all around, a new pulley, new timing belt and water pump, new exhaust, sway bar bushings, and the differential fluid changed. That was a lot of money for two years, but it hadn't really needed much until it got to be about 7 years old and had 80K on it or so. I think that' pretty good. Any old car is going to need repairs. Also, I retired and now I realize that the gas mileage stinks, LOL! All those years I was driving mostly highway and getting 16. Now it's all suburban and 11
Favorite Features
Still love the Bose system and the sunroof. Still THE most comfortable car I've ever had as far as the seats. The support on the leather seats is still good and I'm over 215 lbs. Most cars, after five or six years of driving, feel like I'm sitting in a hole. Also, the steering is perfect.
Suggested Improvements
What can I say? Make it get 20 MPG? That's the only improvement I could think of. I always felt they should build this with a diesel engine of similar HP, maybe 160-170. It would still be just as slow, or leisurely, but then it would probably get that 20 MPG. I would buy one like that in a minute.