Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Practical and Reliable
By cobblecanyon

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV

Bought the 00 Pathfinder SE with 35K miles. It currently has 98K and the only major work performed was replacing the AC compressor. That cost about $1050. This little SUV just runs, runs and runs and I am planning to keep it for another 100K miles. Only drawback would be gas mileage but what SUV doesn't use up gas? At 98K miles, I am getting about 15 miles around the city and 19-20 miles on the highway. Overall, this little truck has been so reliable I have no choice but to keep it. Just make sure you do the reg. oil changes and chang the transmission fluid every 35K miles and rotate your tires every 10K. I feel the truck will go another 100K miles.

Favorite Features

Compact SUV, reliability, low-to-own cost ratio.

Suggested Improvements

Less gas usage would be nice.

Bulletproof
By whittonm

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV

In 8 years of ownership, the only major repair was the replacement of the ignition key switch after 3 years. Other than that, just tires, oil, etc. Performance is OK, fuel economy is fair, interior is nice, driving position is excellent, AC held up well during 7 TX summers. This truck is bulletproof.

Favorite Features

AC, audio, controls, driving position.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger engine (this was fixed in 2001).

Good, solid reliable SUV
By chuckb

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 2000 Pathfinder used in 2003. It had 28000 miles on it when I bought it. This is my second Pathfinder, I previously owned a 1995 that needed only two repairs in the four years I owned it, and both were minor repairs. That's what prompted me to buy another PF. I am already thinking about my third, maybe a 2003 or 2004. I will pass this one along to my son, as it is just too good to sell.

Favorite Features

Get the LE with the heated leather seats, sunroof and Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of power, which was corrected in 2001. Gas mileage, which is decent on the highway, about 19 mpg, but terrible around town, about 14 mpg.

I love this SUV
By Dan

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

The 2000 Pathfinder LE is a fantastic SUV! I would tell anyone to get one. No SUV has really great fuel economy, but the Pathfinder really isn't bad at all. We bought it new in 2000 and have put close to 84,000 miles on it with NO PROBLEMS! All we have done is change breaks, tires, oil... standard stuff. Living in PA we have to deal with snow a lot and this SUV is amazing with the 4WD, it WILL make it through just about anything you can throw at it! The SUV also has a wider wheel base and a lower profile than most other SUV's which keeps it from tipping over. If you can find a used 2000 Pathfinder LE then BUY IT! This car will not let you down.

Favorite Features

heated seats, bose stereo, 4WD, Reliability,

Suggested Improvements

Interior design and comforts could be improved. A little more leg room in the back, and the back seats are right above the rear axle so you really feel the bumps. The rear doors are also kinda small and it can be tough to get out sometimes, again due to the rear wheels. Could also use rear air vents

great used SUV
By bradfinken

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I've noticed with my 2000 Pathfinder LE that when cold, it won't shift into overdrive until engine is warm. A little frustrating when most of my driving is highway. Fuel economy is 15 city and 17 hwy. When pulling, I get 14-15 depending on how fast I go. The comfort is outstanding, not trucky at all. Feels like a dream to sit in. Heated seats will light your backside on fire.

Favorite Features

I love the moonroof, the Bose stereo system, and smooth ride. All my friends love it.

Suggested Improvements

I would recommend a more fuel-efficient engine. But in the midsize SUV market, good luck. Their all about the same. Except Dodge, their mpg is really bad. I had one, I know.