Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Approaching 210,000 miles!
By Jeff

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car new in 2000 and have had it ever since. I came close to trading it in several times...Thank God I didn't. Till this day, it runs great, sounds great and looks great. Very minimal scratches, mostly because I don't mind hiking it across the parking lot to get to the store. Other then your basic wear & tear and routine maintenance, I've had zero problems. Without question, the best vehicle I've ever owned. The most expensive service I had was an oil leak from a seal that needed to be replaced between the engine and transmission (not sure what it's called). That bill came in around $550 mostly because of the labor. I'll keep this car till it dies, it's a keeper!

I love the tan leather interior with the wood trim, always have! Till this day, the car runs smoothly and is very quietly. This vehicle also handles very well in bad weather.

I would like this car to have more power, seems a little sluggish once the light turns green. However, I would much rather deal with that then another car payment.

I absolutely love this Pathfinder
By MBro

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I just bought this 2000 LE from my Aunt, I've been loving every second of it. This vehicle has plenty of storage, versatility, and luxury features. It's loaded with everything they had at that time. Even with 153,000 miles it still sounds brand new, and no one believes me when I tell them that it has that many miles.

Automatic Climate Control, Sunroof, Dual Power Seats, Fog Lights, and Ease of Folding Rear Seats. I also love the 21 MPG.

Needs a smoother ride and a more powerful engine.

160K and still going strong!
By FireRed1220

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle with 103K miles on it in 2006, I replaced the water pump and timing belt @ 105K miles, the harmonic balancer went out @ the same time and I had that replaced as well, other than that, which as far as I'm concerned are just normal maintenance issues, Excellent Vehicle. I have a growing family and need a bigger vehicle, but I would love to keep this just to see how much I can get out of it.

Good amount of power for a small SUV, shifts and drives very smoothly, clothe seats are very comfortable and very stain resistant, 4WD although rarely used is very solid and pulls through very well, low cost to own, exterior and interior build quality are excellent!

Better gas mileage would be great, I average about 17 mpg even with 160K miles on it, I would like the vehicle to be a little bigger, but you can't always get everything you want, gas mileage vs size.

Good, solid vehicle
By Kagan

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Some of the reviewers really amaze me. Do people really feel maintenance items are a reflection of a car's quality? Having to replace tires, brakes, shocks, etc. These are not reliability issues. These are regular maintenance items for ALL vehicles. My PF now has 110K miles. I've had to replace a bad Speed Sensor, and worn suspension bushings. The vehicle starts up without hesitation every day, runs great, and will get me wherever I need to be. I've had many other vehicles that start falling apart at 50K with major mechanical issues. If these cars require some maintenance, its because they run an awfully long time. I'd rather have the burden of maint. than another car junked.

Overall reliability, and flawless 4WD system. Outstanding drive and handling for a non cross-over, true 4WD truck. Simplicity of design.

Not crazy about the seating and lack of adjustments to steering wheel and/or pedals. But this is apples/oranges, as these features didn't become available on cars until fairly recently. If this car had the comfort features of a newer design, I would drive it forever.

140K and kicking along
By Solar Star

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought in 10/2002 with 36k. Not much by way of maintenance to report until the last couple of yrs. Pretty reliable. I did get stranded early on with the Ignition, but then NOTHING out of the ordinary until 125k. Maintenance: @ 60K replaced Ignition Key Switch-$100 @ 75K minor brake work and tires-$600 (including the cost of tires) @ 125K replaced timing belt, hoses water pump etc.-$1200 Now at 140K and the exhaust needs replacing & steering is jacked up. Mechanic says the rack and pinion bushings are deteriorated. Rear shocks need to be replaced--$18-2000. Only going to bring a couple grand in trade-in, so probably going to pay the $2k with hopes of a couple more yrs of life!

Love the heated seats and stereo. Up until the last 18mos, the reliability was wonderful. I bought it to last, and I am not let down. If latest round of repairs can gain me 2 yrs of life on the Pathfinder, that is far better than giving it away in trade-in. The cargo capacity is larger than expected

16mpg average over life of vehicle. Sluggish performance when merging. Seats can be a little hard on long trips. The tan leather is hard to keep clean.