2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Unreliable and Costly
By Bob Smith on 04/01/09 10:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

9 years old, 88,000 miles. In the last 2 years, I've spent $3500 in repairs such as: muffler system, struts, brakes, tires, ignition key cylinder. Now, it has a radiator fluid leak due to a blown head gasket, I'm told. Costly repair. I've never had that happen, especially at this mileage. I would avoid the Pathfinder

I Love my Car!
By Chrstine on 03/19/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought 2000 PF in 2001 with 9k miles and haven't looked back! This car has taken me through alot over the years. In 2004 I was in a accident and the car flipped on it's side . .major front end/side damage, but I walked away without a scratch! My insurance copy paid for all repairs and I am still driving the car today with no problems. Just reg maint. and old changes every 3000k. Car is currently at 77k. I plan to drive for another 10 years or more.

nissan 2000
By jt on 09/02/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Ours is a plain Jane XE. Bought it new - now has 144,000 miles. Timing chain and waterpump@105k new struts@130k. Some brake work - forgot just what. Transmission serviced, oil changed each 3000 mi til 99k. Now using Mobil one 15,000 mile oil -changed each 10k - doesn't seem to burn any. I'd drive it across country tomorrow.

Slow but wins the race
By William Bender on 08/30/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new and have never done anything but routine maintenance. Tight handling and has used tires like a Mack truck. I finally relented and started to carry 26 lbs. of pressure in the tires and have 40,000 miles on my current set of Yokohama HT-S Geolanders. Have done some very hard four wheel drives with this vehicle and only broke one shock. She still takes us skiing all winter and never complains. Expect to still have this Pathfinder in 2020 just like my 1991 Nissan truck.

Great truck for anything!
By Beezie on 04/18/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV

I bought the SE in 2002 with 22,000 miles and now it has 132,000 miles. No major problems at all! Regular oil changes and new tires and shocks, it rides like its brand new. Its very agile around sharp turns and very capable on washed out roads. A K&N air filter gives it more power. Regular easy maintenance keeps it running and running. Its very reliable, everything is working correctly. Lack of power but the 3.3L V6 is very easy to maintain, very reliable. I love this truck.

Most Reliable Vehicle Ever
By Janet Love on 01/17/08 19:16 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 2000 Pathfinder in 2001 used w/12K miles. Not one single problem ever. Of course, I do regular oil changes and suggested maintenance. I've owned Toyotas, Hondas and Chevys. Very comfortable, love the Bose sound system, sunroof. Leather seats still like new.

Happy camper
By exjumpseater on 12/27/07 02:44 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

It has been a pleasure to own and has done everything I have need to do from towing my boat to camping and 4 wheeling. The only draw back is electrical, the power window lift on the passenger side is real slow.

2000 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE 4WD Wagon
By Bmtaurus on 10/01/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this Pathfinder in 2003 with 44,000 miles. It now has over a 100,000 on it and I couldn't be happier. I have had no major problems with it and have kept up on all the regular maintenance. This truck is very reliable and would recommend it to anyone. I plan on keeping this one for a few more years though as it's just too good to give up so soon.

Best used vehicle I've ever purchased
By Bud on 09/09/07 16:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Pathfinder with 44,000 miles on it, and in 2 1/2 years it has been flawless. I had it tuned up at 60,000 and I keep the oil changed every 3000 miles. It lacks a little power but I don't really need any more than it has. Smooth riding for an suv. I would recommend one of these to anyone. I actually may start looking for a used one a couple years newer since they are rated high too.

Practical and Reliable
By cobblecanyon on 06/24/07 12:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV

Bought the 00 Pathfinder SE with 35K miles. It currently has 98K and the only major work performed was replacing the AC compressor. That cost about $1050. This little SUV just runs, runs and runs and I am planning to keep it for another 100K miles. Only drawback would be gas mileage but what SUV doesn't use up gas? At 98K miles, I am getting about 15 miles around the city and 19-20 miles on the highway. Overall, this little truck has been so reliable I have no choice but to keep it. Just make sure you do the reg. oil changes and chang the transmission fluid every 35K miles and rotate your tires every 10K. I feel the truck will go another 100K miles.