2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
I absolutely love this Pathfinder
By MBro on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I just bought this 2000 LE from my Aunt, I've been loving every second of it. This vehicle has plenty of storage, versatility, and luxury features. It's loaded with everything they had at that time. Even with 153,000 miles it still sounds brand new, and no one believes me when I tell them that it has that many miles.

160K and still going strong!
By FireRed1220 on 08/16/10 08:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle with 103K miles on it in 2006, I replaced the water pump and timing belt @ 105K miles, the harmonic balancer went out @ the same time and I had that replaced as well, other than that, which as far as I'm concerned are just normal maintenance issues, Excellent Vehicle. I have a growing family and need a bigger vehicle, but I would love to keep this just to see how much I can get out of it.

Good, solid vehicle
By Kagan on 03/07/10 09:05 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Some of the reviewers really amaze me. Do people really feel maintenance items are a reflection of a car's quality? Having to replace tires, brakes, shocks, etc. These are not reliability issues. These are regular maintenance items for ALL vehicles. My PF now has 110K miles. I've had to replace a bad Speed Sensor, and worn suspension bushings. The vehicle starts up without hesitation every day, runs great, and will get me wherever I need to be. I've had many other vehicles that start falling apart at 50K with major mechanical issues. If these cars require some maintenance, its because they run an awfully long time. I'd rather have the burden of maint. than another car junked.

140K and kicking along
By Solar Star on 02/10/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought in 10/2002 with 36k. Not much by way of maintenance to report until the last couple of yrs. Pretty reliable. I did get stranded early on with the Ignition, but then NOTHING out of the ordinary until 125k. Maintenance: @ 60K replaced Ignition Key Switch-$100 @ 75K minor brake work and tires-$600 (including the cost of tires) @ 125K replaced timing belt, hoses water pump etc.-$1200 Now at 140K and the exhaust needs replacing & steering is jacked up. Mechanic says the rack and pinion bushings are deteriorated. Rear shocks need to be replaced--$18-2000. Only going to bring a couple grand in trade-in, so probably going to pay the $2k with hopes of a couple more yrs of life!

Best Car I have ever had!
By GracieM on 01/23/10 18:53 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder now for nearly 3 years, and I have to say that I am very impressed. I am so impressed by the handling of the SUV, it rides as comfortable as a Cadillac or Buick and has had absolutely no problems. The gas mileage stinks, but I knew that going into it. This truly is a luxury SUV for the year. I will drive this until the wheels fall, which will probably be for a very long time, but when it does happen I will definitely buy another.

80000 miles and very few problems
By Saurus on 09/21/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Approaching 80k miles now and in the 6 years i have owned this vehicle it has required: 1. Oxygen sensor replaced at 50k - about $100 2. Exhaust worn out and replaced at 75k -probably due to amount of snow driving and salty roads up here in Canada 3. Tires replaced at 50k and 80k. I am very happy with this truck, it never breaks down on me.

Still Going Strong at 171K.
By Peace on 08/06/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV

Purchased this car in Oct. 1999, and it's a very good car to my family of 4. In the past 10 years I haven't got any issues to the engine. The original parts still in the engine such as timing belt or chain, sparks plugs, all the belts, air conditioning unit, fluid, ect. The only parts that have replaced is suspension on the front/back, tires, front brake, oil change every 7-10k, and air filter every 25k. The passenger window wouldn't work about 5 years now, but who cares! Currently the trade-in value for my car is $1600. Therefore, I wouldn't pass up on the cash clunkers deal, and hopefully my new 2010 Honda Pilot have a same performance like this car.

Checking in-passed 100K
By chuckfromli on 07/29/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

Maybe I am reviewing this thing too often, LOL. Just wanted to check in as it passed 100K a month ago. Haven't had to put any money into it lately, but did put about $2500 into it in 2007-2008. It got new wheel bearings all around, a new pulley, new timing belt and water pump, new exhaust, sway bar bushings, and the differential fluid changed. That was a lot of money for two years, but it hadn't really needed much until it got to be about 7 years old and had 80K on it or so. I think that' pretty good. Any old car is going to need repairs. Also, I retired and now I realize that the gas mileage stinks, LOL! All those years I was driving mostly highway and getting 16. Now it's all suburban and 11

1999.5 One of the Few
By Barbara on 06/09/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV

We bought this new in 1999 and the models ran out, so Nissan created a 1999.5 with a brochure and everything, but it is a 2000 model SE with the 16 inch wheels.It's gold and with the pipe step racks. Never had any serious repairs, i.e. no timing belts, struts, etc. Change the oil every 5000 miles with the filter and purchased new tires only once in 77,000 miles. Great room in the back and seats 5 comfortably. Extremely comfortable inside and not as big overall as the new ones that look and drive like tanks. The mileage is 18 to 20 on the highway, but 16 around town, but regular gas. It's been a great SUV with a Bose system thrown in when we bought it at no charge.

Still going strong
By chuckb on 05/09/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I now have around 98K on this truck. I bought it in 2003 with 23K. Overall, it has been very reliable and comfortable, but the repair bills have been adding up. I guess that's to be expected with any nine year old vehicle. Did need the exhaust system from the converter back replaced twice. Also had to go for rotors once and recently did the timing belt and water pump. The only real surprise as far as repairs was that the wheel bearings became scorched and had too much play. They were expensive as there are two sets in the front. The bearings, seals, races and a sway bar linkage was almost $1000, more than the timing belt and water pump. Still, it has never failed to start or stranded me.