Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

This thing guzzles gas!!!!!
By dullchime

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This my wife's car so I just started driving it. We've had it since 33,000miles and now were at 115,000 and we've replaced brakes, struts, fuel filler hose, tires, and oil has been changed every 5000. NOW its in need of a new knock sensor and even before this, it seemed like it drinks gas. I have a Chevy Tahoe and it does better. Im going to replace the air filter and spark plugs and see if that helps at all...All in all not a bad little SUV. Great in the snow too.

Favorite Features

Tight handling. Oversized tires, sunroof is nice. Visibility is pretty good all around.

Suggested Improvements

Power windows are S L O W... Rear wiper is pretty dumb. Doesnt really wipe well and works erractly.

Good, solid vehicle
By Kagan

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Some of the reviewers really amaze me. Do people really feel maintenance items are a reflection of a car's quality? Having to replace tires, brakes, shocks, etc. These are not reliability issues. These are regular maintenance items for ALL vehicles. My PF now has 110K miles. I've had to replace a bad Speed Sensor, and worn suspension bushings. The vehicle starts up without hesitation every day, runs great, and will get me wherever I need to be. I've had many other vehicles that start falling apart at 50K with major mechanical issues. If these cars require some maintenance, its because they run an awfully long time. I'd rather have the burden of maint. than another car junked.

Favorite Features

Overall reliability, and flawless 4WD system. Outstanding drive and handling for a non cross-over, true 4WD truck. Simplicity of design.

Suggested Improvements

Not crazy about the seating and lack of adjustments to steering wheel and/or pedals. But this is apples/oranges, as these features didn't become available on cars until fairly recently. If this car had the comfort features of a newer design, I would drive it forever.

Slow but wins the race
By William Bender

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new and have never done anything but routine maintenance. Tight handling and has used tires like a Mack truck. I finally relented and started to carry 26 lbs. of pressure in the tires and have 40,000 miles on my current set of Yokohama HT-S Geolanders. Have done some very hard four wheel drives with this vehicle and only broke one shock. She still takes us skiing all winter and never complains. Expect to still have this Pathfinder in 2020 just like my 1991 Nissan truck.

Happy camper
By exjumpseater

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

It has been a pleasure to own and has done everything I have need to do from towing my boat to camping and 4 wheeling. The only draw back is electrical, the power window lift on the passenger side is real slow.

Favorite Features

stereo system

Suggested Improvements

better electrical systems

2000 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE 4WD Wagon
By Bmtaurus

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this Pathfinder in 2003 with 44,000 miles. It now has over a 100,000 on it and I couldn't be happier. I have had no major problems with it and have kept up on all the regular maintenance. This truck is very reliable and would recommend it to anyone. I plan on keeping this one for a few more years though as it's just too good to give up so soon.

Favorite Features

Reliability, heated leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel consumption.