2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
One of the best
By capitolcars on 07/18/13 02:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

Bought this car with 75K miles for commuting, and also for occasional off-road use. With regular maintenance, this car held up through mud, rain, snow, ice, and more off-roading than I expected. Very few problems with this car, the transmission started slipping around 160,000 miles, but it just kind of corrected itself? Also, since I bought it, the back passenger-side window won't roll down on it's own, you have to operate it from the driver's seat. Today, this car just passed 200,000 and still no real, major problems.

Reliable ride for 3 years
By lajla on 10/08/12 14:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

Bought this Nissan with 99.000 km (Canada), sold it 3 years later with 143.000 km. No issues whatsoever, absolutely reliable, rattle free, firm ride, no squeaks. Started every time in any temperature without any hesitation. Only dislike I had was underpowered engine and Pathfinder's feature of not locking the torque converter until the engine is hot. When you get on the hwy with cold engine, it seems like the 4th gear won't shift in. I actually thought first that it's a bad tranny :-) Other than that, awesome vehicle. Oh - gas milage is poor - got 15 mpg in city, maybe 16 on hwy, light foot. My 04 4Runner has better milage and more power, but not as smooth ride like Pathfinder

I absolutely love this Pathfinder
By MBro on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

I just bought this 2000 LE from my Aunt, I've been loving every second of it. This vehicle has plenty of storage, versatility, and luxury features. It's loaded with everything they had at that time. Even with 153,000 miles it still sounds brand new, and no one believes me when I tell them that it has that many miles.

Best Car I have ever had!
By GracieM on 01/23/10 18:53 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder now for nearly 3 years, and I have to say that I am very impressed. I am so impressed by the handling of the SUV, it rides as comfortable as a Cadillac or Buick and has had absolutely no problems. The gas mileage stinks, but I knew that going into it. This truly is a luxury SUV for the year. I will drive this until the wheels fall, which will probably be for a very long time, but when it does happen I will definitely buy another.

great used SUV
By bradfinken on 11/09/06 16:32 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

I've noticed with my 2000 Pathfinder LE that when cold, it won't shift into overdrive until engine is warm. A little frustrating when most of my driving is highway. Fuel economy is 15 city and 17 hwy. When pulling, I get 14-15 depending on how fast I go. The comfort is outstanding, not trucky at all. Feels like a dream to sit in. Heated seats will light your backside on fire.

Going Strong
By DC10_Flyer on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

My 2000 Pathfinder is now 4 years old and going strong. I only have 33,000 miles on it, but use it daily and haven't had any problems. Quality is excellent. Like others, my only complaint is the lack of power and fuel economy. Before this model I had a 1997 Pathfinder and it was underpowered as well, but perhaps even more so. Although I'm not in the market for a new car (I loathe the thought of spending $30k for a car) I'd buy another Pathfinder in a minute.

Solid SUV With Superior Reliability
By bcwalt on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

All-around a very good SUV. Good value for superior reliability. Reasonable to maintain.

nissan pathfinder LE
By Rothberg on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

Performance acceptable,Handeling excellent,much better than 97 explorer & 94 grand Cherokee. ride is truck like-seats much more comfortable in the explorer.construction is far superior than the other two vehicles. i have 55000 miles & the body is solid & the engine very s

200o Pathfinder
By Jeffmck on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

The Pathfinder has more than exceeded my expectations for comfort and reliability. Driving 35,000 miles plus per year have exposed this vehicle to every southern road condition possible. I have always been pleased with the performance and on road extreme road handling. At 87,000 miles typical maintenance and the purchase of tires have been my expenditures. I have averaged 20.5 MPG on the interstate and 16 MPG around town. Only negative response is the hard ride and limited legroom in the back seat area.

Great SUV
By KevinGA on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

Great SUV and a great look on the road. Underpowered for 2000, but they fixed that in later years. Rear springs are a bit light for holding anything heavy in the back. Seems to have held it's value VERY well. Especially considering all the rebates we got on it. All in all, a great SUV.