2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
This thing guzzles gas!!!!!
By dullchime on 03/19/11 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This my wife's car so I just started driving it. We've had it since 33,000miles and now were at 115,000 and we've replaced brakes, struts, fuel filler hose, tires, and oil has been changed every 5000. NOW its in need of a new knock sensor and even before this, it seemed like it drinks gas. I have a Chevy Tahoe and it does better. Im going to replace the air filter and spark plugs and see if that helps at all...All in all not a bad little SUV. Great in the snow too.

Good, solid vehicle
By Kagan on 03/07/10 09:05 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Some of the reviewers really amaze me. Do people really feel maintenance items are a reflection of a car's quality? Having to replace tires, brakes, shocks, etc. These are not reliability issues. These are regular maintenance items for ALL vehicles. My PF now has 110K miles. I've had to replace a bad Speed Sensor, and worn suspension bushings. The vehicle starts up without hesitation every day, runs great, and will get me wherever I need to be. I've had many other vehicles that start falling apart at 50K with major mechanical issues. If these cars require some maintenance, its because they run an awfully long time. I'd rather have the burden of maint. than another car junked.

Slow but wins the race
By William Bender on 08/30/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new and have never done anything but routine maintenance. Tight handling and has used tires like a Mack truck. I finally relented and started to carry 26 lbs. of pressure in the tires and have 40,000 miles on my current set of Yokohama HT-S Geolanders. Have done some very hard four wheel drives with this vehicle and only broke one shock. She still takes us skiing all winter and never complains. Expect to still have this Pathfinder in 2020 just like my 1991 Nissan truck.

Happy camper
By exjumpseater on 12/27/07 02:44 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

It has been a pleasure to own and has done everything I have need to do from towing my boat to camping and 4 wheeling. The only draw back is electrical, the power window lift on the passenger side is real slow.

2000 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE 4WD Wagon
By Bmtaurus on 10/01/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this Pathfinder in 2003 with 44,000 miles. It now has over a 100,000 on it and I couldn't be happier. I have had no major problems with it and have kept up on all the regular maintenance. This truck is very reliable and would recommend it to anyone. I plan on keeping this one for a few more years though as it's just too good to give up so soon.

Love It
By nick on 05/23/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've only put tires, oil and gas in it. Today, after 79000m (mostly city miles), replaced front breaks. Car feels like new. Hope to drive another 5 years without problem :) My first SUV so can not compare it to other cars but so far Reliability is perfect.

Pathfinder
By Boricua2004 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent design. Smoother ride than other SUVs. Strong suspension for a lightweight vehicle. Good 4X4 capabilities for flat and sand terrain. The 170HP engine not enough for hills and original tires not adequate for mud. Some cool details like power windows work just between turning engine off and opening a door. Brakes apply for a brief moment if transmission put in neutral with engine running.

Nice SUV
By exphys on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bougt this SUV as an upgrade from a Nissan Frontier pick-up. Plenty of room for people, cargo and the dog. Smooth car like ride makes this SUV fun to drive. Safety of anti-lock brakes,and conveniance of on demand 4wd enhance the overall apeal of this vehicle. Excellent reliability and durability track record are a definate plus.

Cute but sluggish
By MontereyLori on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Good looking SUV with a SLUGGISH gas guzzling engine!

Pathfinder Review
By Silvio on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Reliable, except @ 150,000km Radiator blew. Great looking truck, comfortable to drive. Not very smooth. It does not have very much power/pick-up and go because it is not the 3.5L.