Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Nissan Pathfinder LE 2000
By fishie

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD

It's in very good condition despite its lack of check ups when my dad drove it for years (he was always busy) and it's a very solidly built car compared to our other cars. I usually just drive to school, work, and the store with no problems whatsoever. Handles very well, and blessed with the AWD during the winters. Although rusting a bit on the front of the body by the bumpers, those are just external things not so important to me. The gas mileage isn't great, but it's gotten me from point A to B successfully and safely every time, and I'm so glad we've kept it for me to drive. Currently at 140,000 miles, most likely more, and going strong. This thing can run for YEARS!

Favorite Features

-The AWD -Heated leather seats -Power moonroof -The weight and build of the car (I feel pretty safe in it) -The sound system -Large cargo space (for fishing and camping trips it's nice. My dad could fit a lot of camping stuff in there. I bet I'd survive a week if I were stranded with all the stuff he left in the car.) -Power side mirrors -Good heat/ac system (I remember going from freezing cold to nice and toasty within maybe 5-8 minutes from engine start as a kid in the car when my dad drove it). -Long lasting durability -Nice visibility. Pretty safe car. -Considering turning in my current Pathfinder to buy a used one just like it but in better condition.

Suggested Improvements

-Gas mileage (I don't drive long distances much anyway, so it didn't really bother me) -Rear window wiper pretty much incompetent (barely even scrapes against the window) -Cracked windshield (my dad did that) -Lots of rusting in the front area of the car, especially by the bumpers (not really important to me) -Not much space in the rear passenger area. My tall friends (taller than me, really, they're like 6'3" can't sit comfortably back there.) -Jerky brakes and slow gas with low acceleration, even though it didn't get much attention by means of oil, brakes, tires, etc. when my dad drove it. So I gotta give it to them for that.

2000 Nissan Pathfiner SE 4x4 Fully Loaded
By ashlyanne

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Pathfinder for $1,200 last year with a little over 200,000 KMs on it. Since then I've gotten it a fresh safety, new ball joints, inner and outer CV boots, transmission flush, new control arms, new gas tank and filler neck (last owner never washed the damn thing and my tank rusted out) new battery and other regular upkeeps like oil changes ect. Now all she needs is front end axles and struts and it'll be like new. I got over 245,000 KMs on it now and still drives mint. Lots of power when I pass on the highway, great handling. No complaints other then I wish it had another gear!!! Revs high and sucks all my gas if I go over 110km lol. But overall awesome and I love it :)

Favorite Features

Love the heated mirrors in the winter and the handling is awesome when you're off road!

Suggested Improvements

Add an extra gear to the automatic transmissions!

One of the best
By capitolcars

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

Bought this car with 75K miles for commuting, and also for occasional off-road use. With regular maintenance, this car held up through mud, rain, snow, ice, and more off-roading than I expected. Very few problems with this car, the transmission started slipping around 160,000 miles, but it just kind of corrected itself? Also, since I bought it, the back passenger-side window won't roll down on it's own, you have to operate it from the driver's seat. Today, this car just passed 200,000 and still no real, major problems.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior (If a bit too likely to over-heat in the Summer), Safe like a tank

Would buy another in a heartbeat!
By kdells

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my beloved pathy used in 2010 with 155kmi on it, had it for 3 yrs till it was totaled in an accident. We were rear-ended @ 50 mph & only had some bad whip-lash. It still drove, stopped & shifted fine after the accident so we drove it home. We brought the mileage up to 203kmi due to frequent trips from upstate NY down to SC & back. Never had ANY problems with it on any of those long trips. It never broke-down on us in 3 years. Only had to do basic maintenance over the years (brakes, oil changes, timing belt etc). Overall, no big complaints that would stop me from buying another. VERY solid & VERY reliable! Money well spent!!! Nissan got it right!

Favorite Features

- Reliability - Easy to get into & out of - Auto off headlights - Amazing handling & braking power - Good visibility - Very good towing capability - Extremely comfortable ride & seats - Strong 4x4

Suggested Improvements

- Gas mileage, 15 city/19 highway, kind of lame - Only complaint was needing to get the driver strut tower welded due to rot (google it, theres a recall on certain model years from northeastern states). We repaired it before there was a recall but Nissan USA did refund us our money spent on the repair once the recall was issued. So not THAT big of a deal & Nissan has since addressed that design flaw. - 3.3L V6 engine while VERY reliable- it does bog down under hard acceleration but again that was fixed in 2001 w/the updated bigger 3.5L engine. - Maybe fix the EVAP system, we did get the common CEL for the evap canister but it never caused any problems.

Great SUV
By azkimo

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 2000 with 245000 miles on it for 1700.00. After replacing the cv joints, heater core, front struts, rear shocks, front bearings and front drive shaft bearings, it is like a new car. I would drive it anywhere.

Favorite Features

cruise, locking hubs, alarm, enough power in the engine. Stock tinting

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage,, windows very slow in cold weather. More rear room for passengers