Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

One of the best
By capitolcars

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

Bought this car with 75K miles for commuting, and also for occasional off-road use. With regular maintenance, this car held up through mud, rain, snow, ice, and more off-roading than I expected. Very few problems with this car, the transmission started slipping around 160,000 miles, but it just kind of corrected itself? Also, since I bought it, the back passenger-side window won't roll down on it's own, you have to operate it from the driver's seat. Today, this car just passed 200,000 and still no real, major problems.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior (If a bit too likely to over-heat in the Summer), Safe like a tank

Reliable ride for 3 years
By lajla

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

Bought this Nissan with 99.000 km (Canada), sold it 3 years later with 143.000 km. No issues whatsoever, absolutely reliable, rattle free, firm ride, no squeaks. Started every time in any temperature without any hesitation. Only dislike I had was underpowered engine and Pathfinder's feature of not locking the torque converter until the engine is hot. When you get on the hwy with cold engine, it seems like the 4th gear won't shift in. I actually thought first that it's a bad tranny :-) Other than that, awesome vehicle. Oh - gas milage is poor - got 15 mpg in city, maybe 16 on hwy, light foot. My 04 4Runner has better milage and more power, but not as smooth ride like Pathfinder

Favorite Features

BOSE stereo, car-like ride, rear seat's back support is reclining

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, cold engine not locking transmission converter mode is quite annoying on hwy

I absolutely love this Pathfinder
By MBro

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I just bought this 2000 LE from my Aunt, I've been loving every second of it. This vehicle has plenty of storage, versatility, and luxury features. It's loaded with everything they had at that time. Even with 153,000 miles it still sounds brand new, and no one believes me when I tell them that it has that many miles.

Favorite Features

Automatic Climate Control, Sunroof, Dual Power Seats, Fog Lights, and Ease of Folding Rear Seats. I also love the 21 MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a smoother ride and a more powerful engine.

Best Car I have ever had!
By GracieM

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder now for nearly 3 years, and I have to say that I am very impressed. I am so impressed by the handling of the SUV, it rides as comfortable as a Cadillac or Buick and has had absolutely no problems. The gas mileage stinks, but I knew that going into it. This truly is a luxury SUV for the year. I will drive this until the wheels fall, which will probably be for a very long time, but when it does happen I will definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, leather interior, all of the power features.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

great used SUV
By bradfinken

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I've noticed with my 2000 Pathfinder LE that when cold, it won't shift into overdrive until engine is warm. A little frustrating when most of my driving is highway. Fuel economy is 15 city and 17 hwy. When pulling, I get 14-15 depending on how fast I go. The comfort is outstanding, not trucky at all. Feels like a dream to sit in. Heated seats will light your backside on fire.

Favorite Features

I love the moonroof, the Bose stereo system, and smooth ride. All my friends love it.

Suggested Improvements

I would recommend a more fuel-efficient engine. But in the midsize SUV market, good luck. Their all about the same. Except Dodge, their mpg is really bad. I had one, I know.