2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
99.5 Pathfinder 217k miles no problems
By Ryan on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I own the 1999.5 Pathfinder base model XE and it's a great vehicle hands down. Just exceeded 217,000 miles and I've never had a problem - ever. I do take care of it however. I change the oil and rotate the tires every 6k miles. I change the trans. fl. every 33k miles. I replace all seals, the water pump, the oil pump, timing chain, etc. (Nissan's recommended maint.) every 100k miles. I have the brakes checked every 60k miles. The engine still runs like the day I bought it (I've been the only owner). Interior has held up well- but pass. window is real slow. Exterior still looks good- never been garage kept and I hardly ever wash it. For the abuse I've put it through, a great vehicle.

nissan 2000
By jt on 09/02/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Ours is a plain Jane XE. Bought it new - now has 144,000 miles. Timing chain and waterpump@105k new struts@130k. Some brake work - forgot just what. Transmission serviced, oil changed each 3000 mi til 99k. Now using Mobil one 15,000 mile oil -changed each 10k - doesn't seem to burn any. I'd drive it across country tomorrow.

more motor please
By suasma on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

very well build automobile. not a problem worth telling, but needs either more power or better fuel economy. if its going to be slow it shouldn't get this bad of gas economy.