2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
2000 Nissan Pathfiner SE 4x4 Fully Loaded
By ashlyanne on 01/18/14 06:56 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Pathfinder for $1,200 last year with a little over 200,000 KMs on it. Since then I've gotten it a fresh safety, new ball joints, inner and outer CV boots, transmission flush, new control arms, new gas tank and filler neck (last owner never washed the damn thing and my tank rusted out) new battery and other regular upkeeps like oil changes ect. Now all she needs is front end axles and struts and it'll be like new. I got over 245,000 KMs on it now and still drives mint. Lots of power when I pass on the highway, great handling. No complaints other then I wish it had another gear!!! Revs high and sucks all my gas if I go over 110km lol. But overall awesome and I love it :)

One of the best
By capitolcars on 07/18/13 02:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

Bought this car with 75K miles for commuting, and also for occasional off-road use. With regular maintenance, this car held up through mud, rain, snow, ice, and more off-roading than I expected. Very few problems with this car, the transmission started slipping around 160,000 miles, but it just kind of corrected itself? Also, since I bought it, the back passenger-side window won't roll down on it's own, you have to operate it from the driver's seat. Today, this car just passed 200,000 and still no real, major problems.

Would buy another in a heartbeat!
By kdells on 06/25/13 09:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my beloved pathy used in 2010 with 155kmi on it, had it for 3 yrs till it was totaled in an accident. We were rear-ended @ 50 mph & only had some bad whip-lash. It still drove, stopped & shifted fine after the accident so we drove it home. We brought the mileage up to 203kmi due to frequent trips from upstate NY down to SC & back. Never had ANY problems with it on any of those long trips. It never broke-down on us in 3 years. Only had to do basic maintenance over the years (brakes, oil changes, timing belt etc). Overall, no big complaints that would stop me from buying another. VERY solid & VERY reliable! Money well spent!!! Nissan got it right!

Great SUV
By azkimo on 02/10/13 12:34 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 2000 with 245000 miles on it for 1700.00. After replacing the cv joints, heater core, front struts, rear shocks, front bearings and front drive shaft bearings, it is like a new car. I would drive it anywhere.

Reliable ride for 3 years
By lajla on 10/08/12 14:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

Bought this Nissan with 99.000 km (Canada), sold it 3 years later with 143.000 km. No issues whatsoever, absolutely reliable, rattle free, firm ride, no squeaks. Started every time in any temperature without any hesitation. Only dislike I had was underpowered engine and Pathfinder's feature of not locking the torque converter until the engine is hot. When you get on the hwy with cold engine, it seems like the 4th gear won't shift in. I actually thought first that it's a bad tranny :-) Other than that, awesome vehicle. Oh - gas milage is poor - got 15 mpg in city, maybe 16 on hwy, light foot. My 04 4Runner has better milage and more power, but not as smooth ride like Pathfinder

Just got it!!!
By fasani on 09/29/12 12:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just got a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder with just 70k miles. I made my first family trip and we drove about 2k miles with no issues. Geat familiy car, and it was exactly what I was looking for.

This thing guzzles gas!!!!!
By dullchime on 03/19/11 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This my wife's car so I just started driving it. We've had it since 33,000miles and now were at 115,000 and we've replaced brakes, struts, fuel filler hose, tires, and oil has been changed every 5000. NOW its in need of a new knock sensor and even before this, it seemed like it drinks gas. I have a Chevy Tahoe and it does better. Im going to replace the air filter and spark plugs and see if that helps at all...All in all not a bad little SUV. Great in the snow too.

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 3.3L V6
By aufiero92 on 01/04/11 10:39 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I was passed down a 2000 Pathfinder from my dad recently.. He got it new and I received it with 150K and was running fine. Since then, I've put 35K on it and have had no major problems. This car is one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever had. Starts fine in the freezing cold, 4WD works perfect, has never broken down, however, there are a few electrical problems. Most of the console lights don't work, seat heater indicator doesn't work, sunroof only opens by repeatedly clicking the switch, and the 6 CD changer broke and got jammed before I replaced it. Other then those small cosmetic issues, it is a great car and very reliable.

99.5 Pathfinder 217k miles no problems
By Ryan on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I own the 1999.5 Pathfinder base model XE and it's a great vehicle hands down. Just exceeded 217,000 miles and I've never had a problem - ever. I do take care of it however. I change the oil and rotate the tires every 6k miles. I change the trans. fl. every 33k miles. I replace all seals, the water pump, the oil pump, timing chain, etc. (Nissan's recommended maint.) every 100k miles. I have the brakes checked every 60k miles. The engine still runs like the day I bought it (I've been the only owner). Interior has held up well- but pass. window is real slow. Exterior still looks good- never been garage kept and I hardly ever wash it. For the abuse I've put it through, a great vehicle.

Approaching 210,000 miles!
By Jeff on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car new in 2000 and have had it ever since. I came close to trading it in several times...Thank God I didn't. Till this day, it runs great, sounds great and looks great. Very minimal scratches, mostly because I don't mind hiking it across the parking lot to get to the store. Other then your basic wear & tear and routine maintenance, I've had zero problems. Without question, the best vehicle I've ever owned. The most expensive service I had was an oil leak from a seal that needed to be replaced between the engine and transmission (not sure what it's called). That bill came in around $550 mostly because of the labor. I'll keep this car till it dies, it's a keeper!