1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Nissan Has Won Me Over!!!
By Michele S on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

After driving "domestic" cars for 14 years, I don't think I will ever go back.Started with a 1995 Maxima SE and in a little more than 1 year, was into a Pathfinder. The reliability is bar none. I am so pleased with my truck that every time something new and hot comes out, I just look in the driveway at what I have. Love it. Think I'll keep it. It may be my 12 year old's first car in a few years and I have no doubt that even with over 100,000 miles, it will still be going strong! Thanks for building such a great vehicle.

I Love my Pathfinder!!
By BrianBrianBrian on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I do alot of out of town and in town driving, still the most comfortable SUV I've been in! I have the 4 wheel drive Safari Edition, and its probably the best ride I've ever had in an a 4 wheel drive vehicle, feels like a car! Great for long trips, just enough room for us, handles great in wet weather, and just an over all GREAT vehicle! I wish it got better gas milage, but I think it has to do with the oversized off road tires I've got on it, but it just looks so good, who'd take them off? I'd rather sacrafice the gas milage, than the look!

Class leading reliability.
By Jay108 on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is absolutely a pleasure to drive. Recently pick-up the SE 4WD W/sunroof and Bose stereo system. Class leading Reliability and excellent fit and finish.

I love my Nissan
By snowhound on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Nissan makes a great vehicle for a great price. The Vehicle does well overall in the rocks, dirt, snow, and pavement, as well as a 4 wheel drive can do without a locking differential. The performance is fantastic for it's size and cost. The only problem I have had run into is with the airconditioning unit leaking out of an O ring. Factory warranty covered it. Unfortunately SUV's are getting uglier and uglier every year. I will not look forward to upgrading.

Pathfinders
By Sean T. on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I honestly wish that their was away to express the reliablity of the pathfinder. It is absolutely awesome. I never thought i would love an import.

Great SUV
By johninflorida on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (1999.5)

The only thing I have done to this vehicle, other than routine maintanence, is try to get the wheel shake out at speeds around 60mph. This is a rock solid SUV that looks great and just drives and drives and drives. If you want a vehicle that is dependable and does just what it should, I would highly recommend it. Plus they look so good cleaned up.

LOVE IT!
By SNJBOY on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is an extremely good on the road SUV. Very little experience off road, but always had excellent traction in all kinds of weather

Great Vehicle
By DRNeffGA on 03/06/02 13:24 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4dr SUV (1999.5)

50k and never so much as a squeak. Great comfortable transportation. Don't tell my kids that the tube side steps are no good they use them everyday to get in and I use them to wash the roof and load the car top carrier.