Used 1999 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Going Strong
By Mike

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Pathfinder in Dec. 1999 as a bigger vehicle for my 1st born. He's almost 12 and in that time we've had noo major problems. It only has 80,000 miles (I use it mainly to commute) and is going strong, so he may end up driving it at 16! The reliability of this vehicle has been excellent. My other cars have always been Toyota's, but this Nissan has been as (if not more) reliable than the Toyota's I've owned!

Favorite Features

rear cargo space/fold down seats makes hauling bikes, garden supplies, lumber and anything else a breeze.

Suggested Improvements

Who's gonna really improve a car that was built in 1999? It isn't as "plush" as current models - but that's okay!

Great SUV!
By hatchergirl86

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4dr SUV (1999.5)

Love, love, love this vehicle! Great little SUV! Have owned it for about a year now and never had any real problems. The passenger window has never been able to roll down (power windows) and the switch for the cruise control broke, other than that, no engine problems at all! It is a little small for a family. Only fits 4 people comfortable, 5 is too tight. Four- wheeling is a blast! Overall I recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a fun little car with a small family.

My workhorse...
By JasonBourne

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4dr SUV (1999.5)

bought this truck used from the original owner, had 150K miles on it, since purchased now has 187K, and is still going strong!! Haven't had one problem with it yet. Trudges along like a trooper!!

Favorite Features

Great handling in northeastern winter weather!!

Suggested Improvements

The button for activating the cruise control is located in an awkward location. For those who remember where the switch for turning headlights on in trucks of the 70's, this is where the button for activating the cruise control is.

RR
By KR

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I purchased the care new in 1999. Have 180,000+ miles on it and its still going strong. Had to replace struts, ignition and blower motor ... not bad for 10+ years of ownership. Still getting 20+ mpg too! Only down fall is it doesn't have the 3rd row seat ... guess that gives me an excuse to get a new one!

Favorite Features

storage capability especially when the seats are down

Suggested Improvements

none its a great car!

Love my pathfinder
By JAZ

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Solid reliable transportation, fun to drive, safe, little hard on gas, if you do the maintinance it will last forever. 240,000 and going strong.

Favorite Features

Bose stero and strong engine

Suggested Improvements

Better gas economy