1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV 3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

1999 Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Love my pathfinder
By JAZ

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Solid reliable transportation, fun to drive, safe, little hard on gas, if you do the maintinance it will last forever. 240,000 and going strong.

Favorite Features

Bose stero and strong engine

Suggested Improvements

Better gas economy

I love it!
By Medic1

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought this vehicle and I LOVE it! It has 175k and it still runs strong! There are some problems, nothing you wouldn't expect with a car this old with that many miles but for the price I'd say I got a pretty good deal. Lots of power and so much fun to drive. It has brand new firestone tires-can't shift into 2 hi 4 hi or 4 low due to the transfer case leaking and some other leak- so I haven't really had a chance to test the 4WD, but it's still an amazing car and it starts every morning!

Favorite Features

interior layout, exterior, SUN ROOF!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the volume knob on the stereo system, better hp and better gas mileage

Great mid-size 4X4 SUV
By Stocktonpathy

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1999 Pathfinder SE used with 89,000 to with replace a 1987 Pathfinder SE 4X4 5 speed with 277,000 miles. This has many more creature comforts than the '87 did. But the '87 was be more trail ready (full frame, skid plates, etc). I too had to replace the struts and shocks. I recently upgraded my tires to a set of All Terrains too. I do need to replace some weather stripping between the doors. The Bose stereo is nice, but the volume knob doesn't work right. I kinda have to pull up some so the contacts work. I also added a Sirius satellite receiver for long trips.

Favorite Features

Dash layout, rear limited slip differential, Bose stereo, rear reclining seats.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the struts and go back to shocks, the big opening below the front turn signals, a roof rack that doesn't have paint peel off of it. A rear bumper that is covered out of metal

I'll never get rid of it
By BOB

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV new in 1999 and after 110,000 miles it's still going strong. Replaced the front struts at 60k and the timing belt at 107k. The only problem I've had is the gas tank door breaking from its hinges. When I buy a new car I'll still keep it. It has given me zero problems.

Favorite Features

4X4 and ride

Suggested Improvements

Stronger welds on gas tank door.

Crashing these
By CrashTestDummy

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I want to mention the "tippiness" of the SUV. I'd noticed this prior, and although I know not to speed around curves and live deep in the country, I hit one a little too fast to swerve for animals- which I ended up doing. The truck smashed into trees on drivers side, swerved too hard,went across the road, rolled over about 2/3 onto the roof, hit a tiny hill,righted itself & smashed the passenger side into a group of small trees. I had my seatbelt on & my child wasn't in the car.ALL THAT HAPPENNED TO ME WERE LARGE PAINFUL RIB BRUISES from the seatbelt. EVERY window was smashed and the passenger roof partially crumpled. You could not open the doors.

Great Buy
By PamelaE2001

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the SUV 'used'... it was only 1.5 years old. I have YET to do any work to it other than the basic oil changes and upkeeps... GREAT SUV~

Favorite Features

Very very very smooth ride! Smoother then any other SUV and car tht I test drove~ Love it

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more leg room. There is plenty of room in the rear to make that possible.

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE
By jd sands

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great 4 wheel drive. I owned a 1993 Pathfinder and stepped up to the 1999. The vehicle runs smoothly and the interior is comfortable and convenient. The off road capabilities are exceptional considering that this vehicle drives and rides like a car.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling, comfort and the sound system rocks.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and better fuel efficiency.

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
By byana

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 2nd Pathy - I LOVE 'EM!!! Best SUV for the money - not too big but not a "sport cute" either. Will pass anything on the road except a gas station - fuel economy is awful. But that's not why you drive this vehicle. The 4WD is stong and generates plenty of torque (even in the high range). OEM tires(BRIDGESTONE)don't last. Really should have 16" wheels from factory with better rubber.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, leather interior with heated seats, Bose Sound w/ 6 disc CD changer, one piece rear floor mat.

Suggested Improvements

Rear glass should be powered and retract into tailgate (like 4Runner). Redesign side mirrors to reduce wind noise at highway speeds.

Class leading reliability.
By Jay108

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is absolutely a pleasure to drive. Recently pick-up the SE 4WD W/sunroof and Bose stereo system. Class leading Reliability and excellent fit and finish.

Favorite Features

Great Interior Layout, Great ride and reliabilty. NO Squeaks....Like those poorly made american trucks i.e. Explore, blazers and Dodge.

Suggested Improvements

Wish i had a few more horse under the hood.

I love my Nissan
By snowhound

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Nissan makes a great vehicle for a great price. The Vehicle does well overall in the rocks, dirt, snow, and pavement, as well as a 4 wheel drive can do without a locking differential. The performance is fantastic for it's size and cost. The only problem I have had run into is with the airconditioning unit leaking out of an O ring. Factory warranty covered it. Unfortunately SUV's are getting uglier and uglier every year. I will not look forward to upgrading.

Favorite Features

Best value for the money!

Suggested Improvements

A More Rugged look for a title like pathfinder!