1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
By drew79 on 01/27/13 20:48 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

Got the car about midway through its life with 91K and it now has 117K. Has needed some work on brakes, rotors and exhaust in the few years I've had it but the car's reliability and utility has more than made up for it. 4x4 is a blast in the snow or offroad, and when the seats fold down you can cram an immense amount of stuff inside it. The gas mileage is not great, but on the highway I can set the cruise for 65 or so at 2800 rpm and stretch it. Overall a great truck that will treat you well if you're well to it. Has never failed me once, even during blizzards in NJ.

I Love my 1999 Nissan Pathfinder
By nissan_lover1 on 11/13/12 00:36 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

My 1999 Path Finder is the second SUV I owned I had a 1995 Jeep Cherokee and the transmission died on me after 6 months of owning that Jeep with only 80,000 miles on it. I absolutely love my Pathfinder I purchased it with 157,000 miles on it already and it still runs strong and starts up realiably every morning and has not failed me yet like that Jeep has.

Reliable and great in off-road/snow conditions
By erynnjean on 04/22/12 06:01 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I bought my 99 Pathfinder used in 2006 with 109,000 miles on it. Since then I have put another 100,000 miles on it, driven back and forth across the country 3 times and used my car frequently in off road/snowy conditions. I treat my cars pretty roughly, but Pathfinder never gave me any problems. If you are looking for a reliable truck that performs excellently in snow and off road conditions this could be a great car for you. She is a reliable commuter car, but does not get great MPG. Beware, though, the 99 comes in a 99.5 model. This means that finding the right parts can be a bit laborious - it seems as if Nissan mixed and matched parts when they made the 99.5.

Moon mileage.
By Tom on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

The fuel pump failed the third week of ownership and I thought uh-oh. But that turned out to be the last major problem thus far, 251,000 miles later. Most reliable car I've ever owned. Have used 15w-50 synthetic oil every 6k miles and drain the 4 qt of transmission fluid out of the automatic every 30k and everything still works, except for the CD player. Mileage is now only around 19 with gasohol,

Going Strong
By Mike on 04/27/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Pathfinder in Dec. 1999 as a bigger vehicle for my 1st born. He's almost 12 and in that time we've had noo major problems. It only has 80,000 miles (I use it mainly to commute) and is going strong, so he may end up driving it at 16! The reliability of this vehicle has been excellent. My other cars have always been Toyota's, but this Nissan has been as (if not more) reliable than the Toyota's I've owned!

Great SUV!
By hatchergirl86 on 01/25/10 17:17 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Limited 4dr SUV (1999.5)

Love, love, love this vehicle! Great little SUV! Have owned it for about a year now and never had any real problems. The passenger window has never been able to roll down (power windows) and the switch for the cruise control broke, other than that, no engine problems at all! It is a little small for a family. Only fits 4 people comfortable, 5 is too tight. Four- wheeling is a blast! Overall I recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a fun little car with a small family.

My workhorse...
By JasonBourne on 11/18/09 16:28 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Limited 4dr SUV (1999.5)

bought this truck used from the original owner, had 150K miles on it, since purchased now has 187K, and is still going strong!! Haven't had one problem with it yet. Trudges along like a trooper!!

RR
By KR on 06/03/09 16:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I purchased the care new in 1999. Have 180,000+ miles on it and its still going strong. Had to replace struts, ignition and blower motor ... not bad for 10+ years of ownership. Still getting 20+ mpg too! Only down fall is it doesn't have the 3rd row seat ... guess that gives me an excuse to get a new one!

Love my pathfinder
By JAZ on 03/24/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Solid reliable transportation, fun to drive, safe, little hard on gas, if you do the maintinance it will last forever. 240,000 and going strong.

An excellent choice and value
By Charles on 03/14/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought used in 2001 with 27,000 and now have 81,000 in March 08. It a very comfortable and reliable SUV with lots of cargo space. No major repairs but I do keep it serviced regularly at my local Nissan dealer. I changed all the fluids about a year ago as a preventive maintenance procedure. During these higher gas price times, I would like better mpg but can live with 17 overall. Highway mileage is around 20-21. I like this body style much better than the new Pathfinder. It'clean and understated which I prefer. Excellent reliability and like to drive it.