Used 1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Moon mileage.
By Tom

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

The fuel pump failed the third week of ownership and I thought uh-oh. But that turned out to be the last major problem thus far, 251,000 miles later. Most reliable car I've ever owned. Have used 15w-50 synthetic oil every 6k miles and drain the 4 qt of transmission fluid out of the automatic every 30k and everything still works, except for the CD player. Mileage is now only around 19 with gasohol,

Everything really.

This one still had the fifteen inch wheels. The 2000's came out with the 16 inch and that would have improved the handling considerably.

Very Happy
By WCL

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Overall very happy. Bought with 120K & have put 8k in three months. Very solid car even with the high milage. I drove a 97' explorer with this kind of milage & it was falling apart. This nissan is still tight. Power is very good although the engine can get loud under hard acceleration. Ride is a bit bouncy but not too bad. Love the truck!

ALL

They should make all 12v connections (cell phone charger etc)constant power not switched. You can leave your cell in the truck to let it charge. You must have the ignition turned on for it work. Also i don't like the way you have to use the key to open the rear glass.

My Pathfinder
By Ajefmex

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Great Truck. Great looks as well as performance. Have driven it about 52000 miles in two years exactly and never had a problem.

Comfortable ride, height, power.

Rear window opener from inside driver's side (just like a 1993)

My 1st SUV
By PJKT01

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This is my first SUV, I have been married for 4 years and we have 2 children ages 3 & 2. I had a 99 ZX2 which I loved but it was getting too small. So we decided to go look for SUV's, I first drove a 2002 KIA, and I didnt like it at all. So he said for arouns the same price we have this Pathfinder, I was amazed at all the features it had and the way it rode compared to the BRAND NEW KIA. It was a leased car it was low on miles 52000, Have to get used to spending 25 dollars on gas instead of 15 and getting the same amount of mileage. ALL IN ALL ITS GREAT FOR MY FIRST SUV, I would never get another car again....

EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY MY CD PLAYER...

Better gas mileage.