Used 1999 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder LE
By jonathanmw

1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

Very happy with the Pathfinder. Currently has 313,000kms and purchased it with about 260,000. I've had it for about 3 years. Before this I drove a 2010 Subaru Impreza, a good car, but I prefer driving this older Pathfinder more. It's very reliable even the exhaust is original. The struts did need replacing.

The way it drives. Very stable on highways, long trips and heading to the mountains. The fold down seats were well thought out and the cargo area in the back is open. The rear window hatch is useful. It's nice to open the window and not the entire door on occasion. Comfortable leather heated seats, sunroof, nice styling in the interior. Even in comparison with modern cars. The 8.5 inch stock clearance. Perfect for clearing high snowbanks and touring on the backroads.

By drew79

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

Got the car about midway through its life with 91K and it now has 117K. Has needed some work on brakes, rotors and exhaust in the few years I've had it but the car's reliability and utility has more than made up for it. 4x4 is a blast in the snow or offroad, and when the seats fold down you can cram an immense amount of stuff inside it. The gas mileage is not great, but on the highway I can set the cruise for 65 or so at 2800 rpm and stretch it. Overall a great truck that will treat you well if you're well to it. Has never failed me once, even during blizzards in NJ.

4x4 spacious inside bose sound system sturdy construction

more horses!! better mpg.

I Love my 1999 Nissan Pathfinder
By nissan_lover1

1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

My 1999 Path Finder is the second SUV I owned I had a 1995 Jeep Cherokee and the transmission died on me after 6 months of owning that Jeep with only 80,000 miles on it. I absolutely love my Pathfinder I purchased it with 157,000 miles on it already and it still runs strong and starts up realiably every morning and has not failed me yet like that Jeep has.

Comfortable ride and the 4X4 is awesome especially when you live in a major east coast city like I do. the winters can be brutal.

The only improvement I woukl love to see is in the MPG'S

Reliable and great in off-road/snow conditions
By erynnjean

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I bought my 99 Pathfinder used in 2006 with 109,000 miles on it. Since then I have put another 100,000 miles on it, driven back and forth across the country 3 times and used my car frequently in off road/snowy conditions. I treat my cars pretty roughly, but Pathfinder never gave me any problems. If you are looking for a reliable truck that performs excellently in snow and off road conditions this could be a great car for you. She is a reliable commuter car, but does not get great MPG. Beware, though, the 99 comes in a 99.5 model. This means that finding the right parts can be a bit laborious - it seems as if Nissan mixed and matched parts when they made the 99.5.

Moon mileage.
By Tom

1999 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

The fuel pump failed the third week of ownership and I thought uh-oh. But that turned out to be the last major problem thus far, 251,000 miles later. Most reliable car I've ever owned. Have used 15w-50 synthetic oil every 6k miles and drain the 4 qt of transmission fluid out of the automatic every 30k and everything still works, except for the CD player. Mileage is now only around 19 with gasohol,

Everything really.

This one still had the fifteen inch wheels. The 2000's came out with the 16 inch and that would have improved the handling considerably.