I love my pathfinder
By halbbd01 on
1998 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD
I've only had it about a month now, but i'm extremely pleased with my purchase. The ride is great. No rattles, no squeaks. Seats are comfortable. It handles well. The interior is sharp. I'll probably come back and rate it again in a year or so. I wanted a nice looking and reliable SUV. I narrowed it down to the 4runner and the pathfinder. The pathfinder was about 3k less with very similar features so that's why i went with nissan. From looking around and doing the research, I do think the 4runners are better quality... but the pathfinder still smokes any ford, chevy, gmc, etc in reliability.
Favorite Features
The leather seats are very comfortable. The layout of the controls is pretty good, except for the cruise control on/off switch. The garage door opener is so nice. No more worrying about batteries or the opener and easy to program.
Suggested Improvements
The BOSE stereo sucks. Way overpriced and overrated. The cruise control switch is in a terrible spot. The gas mileage sucks. Lastly, routine maintenance costs. You have to change the timing belt at 105k. You can expect to pay around $700.