1998 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
would do it again
By trick1us on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have enjoyed this vehicle and it came in handy with the snow and Ice we have had up here in the north east it is quiet and is well designed for the driver not a single problem since I havd had it

Pathfinder - Excellent!!
By Pathfinder Owner on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

You can't go wrong with this SUV. It is both reliable and fun to drive!!

proud owner
By Nyan on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

When i bought the auto, it was like brand new with only 21875 miles on it. It was so mint that the smoothness of the paint work was like new. It surprised the dealers. I live in Alberta, Canada and the winters up here can be very treacherous for driving - icy roads at minus 25 C. So when it was in 4 wheel drve, the drive was so controlled and the feeling of security is wonderful.

The Best Yet
By mikeurbo on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the original and I've owned two Explorers and a Bravada and the Pathfinder is the best. Love driving it to a from work. Looks very rugged in SE trim. Needs more horsepower but has great torque-I use it to tow my boat and I pulled 2 tree stumps with it.

Pathfinder
By vmi82 on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

It was extremely dependable, but not as good as others on gas.

98 Pathfinder SE
By GCD70 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Two problems: performance and leg room for passenger. Poor acceleration with a 5 speed, will only be worst with an automatic. Besides that, a pretty nice vehicle. Reliable.

Sold on Nissan
By mmsr4 on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the second owner and a first time owner of a nissan. I have only bought subarus. Living in Maine the 4wd has come in handy since we spend a lot of time driving off road and on snow covered roads. For an SUV the gas millage isnt bad, I think if u drive conservativly its fine.I drove 612 mi(avg.75mph) and started w/ a full tank I only had to stop once for gas.The ride is very comfortable and the interrior appealing. I have found with a full load (5 passengers & 2 lg.dogs) bumps and leans are more pronounced. I had some bad tires during that time so maby that contributed to the ride quality. New tires and a much better ride now

Buy This SUV
By youngwalt on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

Extremely reliable, I purchased the vehicle used and saved a bundle. Because I researched the SUV before purchasing and found out it was a one owner lease, it helped me to make the decision to purchase it. I purchased the vehicle from a used car lot. The mileage was about 2,000 over expected, so far I still think It was one of my better vehicle purchases.

GARBAGE
By JOHNHMFIC on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

PIECE OF JUNK DOESN,T BEGIN TO CAMPARE TO TOYOTA DO NOT BUY THE 39 MONTH LEASE BECAUSE AS THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT THE JUNK FALLS APART.

'98 Pathfinder---What a find!
By Franko on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this SUV from a dealer with 86k miles, but it looked like new and runs the same. A pleasure to drive, comfortable leather seats, and all the amenities on the SE are superb. Even my wife thinks this was a great buy, and she was against it at the beginning. I can't say enough about the quality of this vehicle and it's bound to be around for several years!