1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Cash For Clunkers Victim
By Ace Skater on 07/12/09 07:43 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I bought my Pathfinder brand new in 1998 and it's still going strong 220,000 miles later. Cabin held up well and still looks great. Things to watch out for: real axle seals (leaked, had to have both replaced), fuel throttle body (replaced, was sticking from bad fuel and had a coolant leak), AC (replaced compressor, replaced fan speed switch (x2), replaced blower motor and its speed control resistor (x2), harness wires toasted from being too thin), and that coolant rubber hose inside the engine (!) that gets overlooked when replacing the timing belt, water pump, and other hoses.) All-in-all it's been an AWESOME truck for me! Definitely buy one if you can find one that's been well maintained.

Great SUV
By Mario Guerero on 11/20/07 10:42 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I love this vehicle and you will too if you love the outdoors or hauling thing from the hardware store or the mall. Easy to park, and fun to drive, will get another one when the time comes.

Going to miss it
By kim on 05/10/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

My 98 Pathfinder was my first car EVER! I had my heart set on one, and sure enough found one. AMAZING car! I just had to change the tires, but that's because the owner before me had put cheap ones on. I had NO problems what so ever! Trading it in however for a smaller car :( I'm just a poor college student and can't afford the gas anymore, however, friends tell me their Ford Explorers and Toyota Tacomas cost more to fill than the Pathfinder. I'm gonna miss my Pathfinder!

Survived
By survivor on 11/08/05 20:46 PM (PST)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I did not have this car for long before I was in a wreck. Overall though, I would reccomend this car to anyone as long as they could pay the gas. One of the safest cars I have been in. Hit by an eighteen wheel on dirver's side. Airbags didn't go off. We suspect it was too much of a side impact to set them. Probably would have caused more injury if they did. Walked away with two minor cuts ( very minor...didn't know they were there until my mind could process what had just happened) and a slightly fractured shoulder. The fracture didn't keep me from using my arm though. Wreck was caused by my own stupidity. had car for only 3 months.

Enjoyed this car immensely
By trspot22 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I have had a great time owning this vehicle. It has been extremely reliable and hate to part with it but have out grown it family/space wise. I would recommend to my friends.

I like this SUV
By Frank Gu on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I would like to give an overal rating from 9 to 10. I liked vehicle's performance, reliability and design. Never had any big problem in my four year's ownership(I leased). I would definately consider buy a new one in the future.