Even more reliable than I am.
By Cee.PerezGo on
1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD
This car has gotten me through thick and thin. I have been careless at times not changing the oil regularly but even so... it's still charging forward. I love to give her all she's got especially in parking lots, I feel like I'm flying a plane. I've had to replace the exhaust a couple of times as it rusts through as well as the runners. I have an oil leak in the engine but it's still going strong. A check engine light showed up about a week ago but my mechanic said it's nothing just a sensor near the fuel system. It's nothing important just related to the emissions. Otherwise a magnificent vehicle. Very comfortable as people always tend to fall asleep when they're driving with me.
Favorite Features
Reliability, comfort and resiliency. A big difference in 4WD mode. I can plow through anything. Transmission runs smoothly except it clunks hard sometimes.
Suggested Improvements
Weak in snow in 2WD. Can't even get out of an inch of snow. Acceleration needs to be quicker even for this model. Fuel efficiency. Rear seating could be larger.