1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
So far so good. Nice SUV with gas mileage like a car.
By adspof on 04/07/12 21:49 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

Just bought it after selling my 1996 Ford Bronco which I loved but at 11 mpg was beginning to feel the pinch. So thought a stickshift 2 wheel drive Pathfinder would do the same as I don't 4x4 ever really. I like the lite but sturdy feel and I just feel like I am saving gas as I coast everywhere in nuetral 1/2 the time and use the gas the other 1/2 it seems. Only issues have been general maintenance stuff I guess, as never had to deal with on the Bronco. I have already had to to the front struts, carrier bearing at center of driveshaft, right side exhaust manifold (cracked), charcoal cannister, trailing arm bushings to stop "pathfinder death wobble". If paid a shop $2,000 so did on own.

Biggest piece i've ever bought
By kyle on 06/17/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I bought this car used from my uncle with 98,000 miles and ever since I've owned it, it has been nothing but trouble. Replaced the manual transmission and drive shaft $1800. Struts and shocks are so bad the car wobbles as you're driving. The drive shaft has already messed up again just recently as an experienced owner I will never buy another Nissan any make or model.

Loved it-buying a new one
By Michael from AR on 02/19/06 15:24 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I loved my Pathfinder and when I sold it a few months ago it was still going strong with over 168,000 miles on it. It went through ditches and it handled great in snow/ice covered roads last winter even though it was only a two wheel drive. It even pulled a 1 ton Dodge truck. I'm going to buy a new one here in a few weeks. I would recommend the Pathfinder. It was a great truck!

Extremely Reliable
By bigjno on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I bought this model because of its high ratings for reliability. I have not been disappointed. In 74,000 miles, the only thing ever to need repair was the cd player.

Good value
By MGibbs on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I bought the vehicle new and have had only a few problems. The manifold had a known problem that impacted my vehicle, so the dealership fixed that for free. The cd player went out, so I replaced it with an MP3 player. OTher than that the vehicle has always been reliable.