Used 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

READ THIS!!
By arob0505

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

My father bought a 1997 Pathfinder LE loaded off the showroom in 1997. He was a traveling sales rep and he sold me the car in 2004 with 265k. I drove it until it had 310k and gave it to my little brother in law for his 16th birthday present. He drove it for another year and a half and traded it in on a new Scion. I absolutely loved how smooth the tranny shifted, how quiet the engine was and how roomy the interior was. I loved it so much that I am buying another 1997 SE in 2 days! I think it is one of the best and most underrated SUV's ever made. It eats the snow and dirt and never dies. GET ONE!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, Quiet, Great looks, 4x4

Suggested Improvements

MPG

Fantastic First Car!
By Shea

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

My great uncle sold this car to me cheap soon after I got my license last December. Now, it was in great condition mostly thanks to my uncle treating it like his firstborn son since he bought it in '97, but what a great car he chose! I've had it for almost a year and it's required shockingly little maintenance for a 13-year-old car. 130,000 miles hasn't slowed it down a bit. It drives great, even in bad storms and intense heat. My parents and I feel safe knowing that I have a sturdy reliable car to get around with. I was definitely dealt a good hand with my first car compared to some clunkers my friends were landed with. My compliments to Nissan, this sucker's going to last me for years.

Favorite Features

Timeless build, beginner-driver friendly, good A/C & heat, reliable, low-maintenance, secure

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage (but to be expected on an older SUV)

Great SUV
By THEDOC

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

I have nothing but great luck with this car....it is built well, runs well and hardly ever breaks down. I have spent very little to keep it running and has never let me down. I have 221000 miles and it still runs great. I will never buy an American car again after owning a Nissan. Built well, runs well, and still looks contemporary.

Favorite Features

Nice interior and exterior. Good sound system. Good engine.

Suggested Improvements

NONE

97 Pathfinder was good to me
By tjm

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

I had only one problem ever with this SUV. The heater motor went out at about 97,000 miles. Other than that it never gave me a problem.

Favorite Features

The most important feature to me was it's dependability.

Path & the City
By tangassim

1997 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

It has been the better SUV I ever had, Every day engine starts without a problem, recently I changed all the beams just to be sure it works properly, it has been the one and only reparation ever done. Now it needs a little pait works (just in fender details) Other SUV`s I had used are a 92 Suburban and a 95 Blazer, but as for today, my Pathfinder long last

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing; it is just perfect