1997 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
READ THIS!!
By arob0505 on 06/16/14 11:46 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

My father bought a 1997 Pathfinder LE loaded off the showroom in 1997. He was a traveling sales rep and he sold me the car in 2004 with 265k. I drove it until it had 310k and gave it to my little brother in law for his 16th birthday present. He drove it for another year and a half and traded it in on a new Scion. I absolutely loved how smooth the tranny shifted, how quiet the engine was and how roomy the interior was. I loved it so much that I am buying another 1997 SE in 2 days! I think it is one of the best and most underrated SUV's ever made. It eats the snow and dirt and never dies. GET ONE!!

Fantastic First Car!
By Shea on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

My great uncle sold this car to me cheap soon after I got my license last December. Now, it was in great condition mostly thanks to my uncle treating it like his firstborn son since he bought it in '97, but what a great car he chose! I've had it for almost a year and it's required shockingly little maintenance for a 13-year-old car. 130,000 miles hasn't slowed it down a bit. It drives great, even in bad storms and intense heat. My parents and I feel safe knowing that I have a sturdy reliable car to get around with. I was definitely dealt a good hand with my first car compared to some clunkers my friends were landed with. My compliments to Nissan, this sucker's going to last me for years.

Great SUV
By THEDOC on 05/07/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I have nothing but great luck with this car....it is built well, runs well and hardly ever breaks down. I have spent very little to keep it running and has never let me down. I have 221000 miles and it still runs great. I will never buy an American car again after owning a Nissan. Built well, runs well, and still looks contemporary.

97 Pathfinder was good to me
By tjm on 07/13/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I had only one problem ever with this SUV. The heater motor went out at about 97,000 miles. Other than that it never gave me a problem.

Path & the City
By tangassim on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

It has been the better SUV I ever had, Every day engine starts without a problem, recently I changed all the beams just to be sure it works properly, it has been the one and only reparation ever done. Now it needs a little pait works (just in fender details) Other SUV`s I had used are a 92 Suburban and a 95 Blazer, but as for today, my Pathfinder long last

Reliable!
By kilaga on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

This SUV has been a very reliable vehicle. I don't own the 4-wheel version but I live on a rough road and I drive the heck out of it and it has held up well. I have been happy with it, it gets decent mileage and it has zip when I need it. I would recommend this vehicle to others.