1996 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: these trucks are great

1996 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

these trucks are great
By m- on

1996 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

My Pathfinder is hands down one of the best trucks I have ever driven. It's as solid as anything, the suspension makes for a great ride and good handling on a variety of road conditions, and the 3.3L engine is big enough for all my needs. I've taken it through axle deep snow and mud in 4x4 and never got worried even though we were 20 miles off the main road. All pieces on it seem to be built to last; even the buttons (except the somewhat crappy radio) are solid to the touch. But the real test comes on rough roads: cross several sets of railroad tracks or run up a forest service road in spring, and you don't hear a single rattle.

Powerful engine, beautifully engineered suspension, excellent interior layout. Very simple and reliable 4x4 engagement never leaves you wondering.

If they could keep this truck the same, but improve the gas mileage, I would be in heaven. Also, for the price Nissan asks, would it be too much to throw a decent stereo into these things?