Can't stop it!
By Brian on
1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD
My Pathfinder had over 220k's on it when I bought it and it had 280k on it when I got rid of it and it doesn't owe me a penny. I had it for 3 years and it never let me down. I only had one problem and it was tricky to solve as my mechanic raised his arms and said he couldn't figure it out. (after charging me $135.00). It would start sporadically every 10 to 15 cranks. My genius brother-in law told me to raise the hood and try tuning the key. Voila! it started no problem. Turns out it was a faulty relay switch; cost me $35.00 to fix. Overall I loved having a 4x4 in the harsh Canadian winter. (Drove a dirt road to work with lots of snow-drifts.) Not a luxury ride but competent.
Favorite Features
4X4 was great. Shift on the fly locking hubs were a bonus that came in handy when diving in mixed conditions. If you find one without rust, i would recommend it if you want a solid 4x4 to get you around in the winter.
Suggested Improvements
Rust was a problem as most of them do.(check under the driver's side floor where the exhaust bends up towards the underside). Gas mileage poor, i calculated it at 400 km to a full tank(77 Litres) in the city and 450 hwy. That's approx. 12.2 mpg/city, 13.75 mpg/hwy.