1995 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: 1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD
By cwade on

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Just purchased my 95 pathy a few months ago. Since then, I've replaced all plugs and plug cables, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, engine wiring harness (frayed wires to injectors), thermostat, a tension rod (front left broke from rust), O2 sensor, and now just found that the front right CV boot is cracked and the other is on the way. I've been turning a blind eye to the major rust on the frame. The list will never end with this truck (yours may be better). If you live in a 4 seasons kind of area (I'm in MN), I'd look for a newer model. If it weren't for the fact that I have to drive this, I'd take it back. Surprisingly, the interior is great- all the lights work, windows, etc.

I have 31" tires with black rims, brush guard and roof rack with lights which improves the aesthetics (if you're into off-road aesthetics). Awesome for non-city driving. Power everything, cruise, sunroof and key fob with alarm is nice as well.

Build the frame out of something that is less susceptible to rust! I agree with the oil filter complaints as well. And cup holders! Despite my review, I will continue to fix this truck because I already feel attached to it-- and it's not too terribly difficult to work on....yet.