Nissan ruined this car with the poor frame material they used
By solstice7 on
1995 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD
The Pathfinder itself as a vehicle is queen of snow and off road. It always starts and runs. Never broke down on the road. However theed very poor quality material used in the frame is apparent. I paid 4600k for it with 56k miles about 4 years ago. I have spent 6k rebuilding every part of the frame you can think of to pass inspection twice now. Not sure if it will pass this year for either frame issues or steering rod issues-1996 was recalled for rusted out steering rods but not the 1995. If you can weld then its a great off road, snow vehicle, otherwise expect to pay for some type of frame rebuild. Do not expect this it be a quiet or pretty ride-its all utility.
Favorite Features
4x4 capabilities are incredible. I have driven through some serious snow and never even put it in 4L yet. just the normal 4x4. I cant imagine what the 4L can do.
Suggested Improvements
How about nissan take responsibility for the poor material quality on the frame and offer a frame inspection and rebuild? these cars can run forever and its a shame so many are not in use all because of bad materials used in the frame.