Nissan quality rules!
By bluek9 on
1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV
I bought my 1995Nissan Pathfinder as a second vehicle to haul my dogs. It is roomy enough for two with seats down. it is a good, tough, reliable truck. I baby it but am first putting on normal mileage after seven years of less than normal miles. At 38,000 miles I replaced poor General Inc tires (OEM). Those tires were terrible. I replaced them with Michelin All Terrain & I love 'em. At 55,000 miles (eight years old) I replaced the front brakes, rotors, calipers & boots. This was not a big deal considering the mileage & age fo the truck. At 63,000 miles (nine years old) I replaced the alternator (expensive...$300 just for parts). Despite this normal maintenance, I am very satisfied with its toughness & durability. it is a good value.
Favorite Features
Do the normal maintenahce (filters, oil, plugs, tire rotation, waxing, etc.) and it will wear like a good pair of Levi's, though not quite as comfortable in the seats. Plan on getting 300,000 miles and 12-15 years out it. Today mine is about nine years old and I do not have any sign of body rust living in Mid-Atlantic.
Suggested Improvements
Suggestions: New placement of cup holders, shortened reach to radio, dislike having to reverse in order to unlock hubs in snow, inaccessability of replacement spark plugs. It's buried deep & against the fire wall. These are not show stoppers though. All in all no I do not have any regrets with it.