Great Solid Vehicle
By Shawn on
1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought my pathfinder with just over 200k miles and so far, overall, I have really enjoyed this vehicle. After I bought it I did the normal upgrades: new belts, water pump, brakes, and wires/plugs which I did myself. The cost of the repairs were not outrageous (use an independent mechanic, not nissan) and the engine runs very strong. It now has just over 210K miles. I have a manual trans. as this gives me the power I want when I want it. I put Michelin M/S all terrain tires on and I can go anywhere in 4wheel drive. It drives great in snow and up into the mountains as well as the highway. It is a comfortable ride and drives well.
Favorite Features
Good storage space. Comfortable seating space for all types of passengers. Strong engine even after 210K miles. Everything still works. 5speed with 4wd is awesome, gives you the most power and control. Its not a race car but it gets you where you want to go.
Suggested Improvements
Needs cup holders. The step bars are a terrible design by Nissan, need to buy another brand. I keep up with the regular maintenance and repairs and this really helps. Fuel is 15miles/gall. using the air cond. or best is around 20 when not using the air. I use mid grade fuel. Not great turning.